Despite some issues, I like it more than I'd thought

omegafiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
When I ordered the Mach-E GT Performance in early October of last 2021, it was going to be more of an "alternate" option for the Tesla Model Y Long Range I also ordered. The Tesla arrived much sooner, but I ended up giving it to my wife (after easily talking her into it) as I hadn't sold my current vehicle and got a decent trade for her Kia Niro EV. That was back in February. Then a few weeks ago the Mach-E arrived and I somewhat reluctantly decided to go for it. I already had a nice gas vehicle and wasn't sold on Ford's limited EV reliability history. But with the trade-in value, original price adjustment, and tax credits, I couldn't pass it up.

Unfortunately, I have had a few issues, such as connectivity features requiring way too much troubleshooting to fix and what is now resulting in a trip to the dealer due to Level 2 charging not working. That's in addition to going through a not-so-great dealer experience. But going with the assumption that this will be fixed, I have to say I do actually like the Mach-E much more than I thought. The infotainment features, driving dynamics, sporty handling (MagneRide is great), blue cruise, overall appearance, and more.

As the weather is quickly heating up in TX, I'm absolutely not loving the lack of cooled seats. And having issues with a brand new vehicle is never the best way to kick things off. But we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks/months. In either case, look forward to being part of the community.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Despite some issues, I like it more than I'd thought 20220424_110806
Ford Mustang Mach-E Despite some issues, I like it more than I'd thought 20220424_105635

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I found my car to stay pretty comfortable through GA's summer weather last year. The roof and windshield do a really good job. I never use my sunshades

OP
OP
omegafiler

omegafiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I found my car to stay pretty comfortable through GA's summer weather last year. The roof and windshield do a really good job. I never use my sunshades
I got everything tinted as well (after these pics), so not really having an issue with cabin temp in the sun. It's just during normal driving, body heat + lack of seat ventilation, make things warm and uncomfortable. The suede-like material of the GT seats also probably isn't helping. But I know everybody is different.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I got everything tinted as well (after these pics), so not really having an issue with cabin temp in the sun. It's just during normal driving, body heat + lack of seat ventilation, make things warm and uncomfortable. The suede-like material of the GT seats also probably isn't helping. But I know everybody is different.
Yeah, the premium has the synthetic leather which stays fairly cool.