Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is the best detailed walkthrough I've seen. My observations:

- Appreciated the demonstration of folding the seats down - quite easy.

- So the buttons near the driver's left knee are max defrost?, a dial for headlamp options (normally what you'd find there), and two buttons to increase or lower brightness of the driver's instrument cluster? Those all seem like good ideas to have easily at hand.

- What are the three little buttons to the right of the lock / unlock on the driver's inside door? Is that Homelink? If not, where is Homelink?

- Steering wheel buttons look to be a good balance of the most helpful features (media on the right, cruise control, collision avoidance, and lane centering on the left) without getting too cluttered.

- Why do so many cars still use the DC plug in the trunk? Would seem that a standard 120v AC outlet would be far more useful.

- This car interior is not going to be very forgiving with kids. Moving the interior door latches to inside the molded door pulls - I hope my kids' chip bags, sandwich crusts, and other crap they typically deposit there won't interfere (seriously, my kids are generally clean but so disgusting when it comes to the door pulls - drives me nuts). The fabric of the B&O soundbar running the length of the front dash looks very easy to snag/tear/get dirty the moment one of my heathens puts their feet up on the dash. I know - kid problems. How do you clean the soundbar fabric?

- The 2 USB-Cs (one in rear center footwell and one in front) are interesting but don't seem all that useful. How many chargers are on USB-C on both ends? Would have preferred four regular USBs.

- Ok, so what's the deal with the two different parking breaks on the center armrest?

- I've seen so many of the 4X premiums that now I want one even though it adds $2,700 and reduced range by 30 miles to add the AWD. Ugh.

- Agree that the red is very striking, particularly when matched with the white upholstery. I'm still skeptical that it will age as well as the Star White Tricoat. The red is pretty dark and doesn't seem to pop as much as grabber blue (obviously) or Star White, and I don't think the red will be nearly as forgiving with dirt and road nicks, either.

Reactions: ARK

‘64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘64GTO, ‘73 280Z,’ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
Nice video! I am very happy I ordered Rapid Red with darker interior. Beautiful car! I have a history of red cars and all have held up very well. No traffic tickets
either!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
This is the best detailed walkthrough I've seen. My observations:

- What are the three little buttons to the right of the lock / unlock on the driver's inside door? Is that Homelink? If not, where is Homelink?
I thought it would be on driver side sun visor.

- The 2 USB-Cs (one in rear center footwell and one in front) are interesting but don't seem all that useful. How many chargers are on USB-C on both ends? Would have preferred four regular USBs.
Doesn't have to have USB-C on both ends. I have a number of cables that are USB-C and Lightning. I'd be curious to see what the output/wattage is on these ports to see if fast-charging is possible.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
- Why do so many cars still use the DC plug in the trunk? Would seem that a standard 120v AC outlet would be far more useful.

An AC outlet requires an inverter which costs money, whereas a cigarette lighter style 12V power port is incredibly cheap in comparison.

I'd rather everything be USB-C. The quicker we get rid of USB-A the better.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The 1 2 3 buttons are to save the seat positions (memory seating).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Detailed Walkaround of 2021 Mach E Premium AWD - inside and out 1611694938839

Home link is on the visor.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Detailed Walkaround of 2021 Mach E Premium AWD - inside and out 1611695023241

The bottom one with the P in the circle is the parking brake the top one |P| is for the auto parking features.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Detailed Walkaround of 2021 Mach E Premium AWD - inside and out 1611695299513

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

- Ok, so what's the deal with the two different parking breaks on the center armrest?
- USB-C will eventually completely replace USB-A. It was smart to include USB-C in a product that is meant to last for many years.

- There's only one parking brake button. The other one is for Park Assist.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Thanks all for the answers. I’ve never owned an apple charger that wasn’t standard USB on one end, so that is interesting to know that chargers are moving toward USB-C.

Also good know re Homelink.

Now I’ve just got to address the kid issues. I’ve got a strict no-food rule but the other driver does not enforce that. Speaking of which, I’ll also need the other driver’s permission to buy this.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks all for the answers. I’ve never owned an apple charger that wasn’t standard USB on one end, so that is interesting to know that chargers are moving toward USB-C.
New Apple products actually only come with USB-C to Lightning cables now.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Rather than answering the laundry list of questions, let me go with a different approach:
Manual, page 137. Answer found easily in the table of contents and index.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Detailed Walkaround of 2021 Mach E Premium AWD - inside and out Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 5.26.30 PM

Attachments

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Also good know re Homelink.

Now I’ve just got to address the kid issues. I’ve got a strict no-food rule but the other driver does not enforce that. Speaking of which, I’ll also need the other driver’s permission to buy this.
Well, looks like there's gonna be food in the car then.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fantastic video, one of the best I have seen.

Thanks

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
USB C is the future, since it supports up to 100W (at 20 volts). Although these connectors likely don't support full power (TBD). Laptop computers are moving to it for charging. It is also bidirectional, you charge a device from a device with a USB C port, if the device supports that feature. I charged another phone from my phone's USB C port, over a microUSB converter for the other phone.