Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
https://cardesignnews.h5mag.com/interior_motives_summer_2020/front_cover

Interesting:

Even after the summer 2017 change of tack Piaskowski says the interior had smaller screens: “We had a 10- and then 12.3-inch landscape-oriented screen but Team Edison did a lot research in China and came back with this revelation that we had to have a much larger version. That’s when we went to a 15.6-inch portrait screen.” Surely a glance at Tesla’s massive screens would have told them as much? “Even though our competitors do something, it doesn’t mean we should do it too,” Piaskowski responds firmly, “it’s about learning what’s right for our customers.”
Also, I noticed the front trunk cup holders in recent photos from French events, but no one's mentioned them before. They're mentioned in this article, finally... What do people plan to use them for? (Besides the obvious dipping sauces for shellfish and poultry.)
Sponsored

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Isn't that the washer refill tube with a cap on it?
Up top, outside of the frunk "bowl," yes -- washer fluid.

But check out the inside-front shelf of the storage bowl. Here's a photo where you can just barely see two cup holders:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Details of Mach-E interior design featured in Car Design News: Interior Motives, Summer 2020 edition image_919df237-3b6f-4932-ac12-12592273110320200921_190831

Ricmic8560

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Cadillac XT5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Up top, outside of the frunk "bowl," yes -- washer fluid.

But check out the inside-front shelf of the storage bowl. Here's a photo where you can just barely see two cup holders:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Details of Mach-E interior design featured in Car Design News: Interior Motives, Summer 2020 edition image_919df237-3b6f-4932-ac12-12592273110320200921_190831
So is that divider removable? The overall size looks decent, if you can have the divider in or out?

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The middle divider looks like it slides up and out.

I'm assuming that in the final version, all three pieces will easily come out. Otherwise it'll be hard to claim that carry on luggage fits in there.

Based on the latest official frunk press from Ford, the dividers will have negligible impact on shellfish capacity. So... We just don't know about any other use case yet. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Cup holders in trunk more clear in this shot by @Mach E Rotterdam
Ford Mustang Mach-E Details of Mach-E interior design featured in Car Design News: Interior Motives, Summer 2020 edition 9D2DBF24-25D6-49CE-8EF3-4933D6DD6371

It appears the frunk organizer is held in with screws. I recommend trying 3M Dual Lock instead:
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/dual-lock-reclosable-fasteners-us/
Thanks -- that's the photo I wanted to repost here but I couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

I'm hoping this one is a rough prototype and that the final design won't involve screws. The 3D rendered shot of the organizer included a Mustang logo masked out of that center divider piece. If design appropriately, the whole thing could just be held in by gravity and by the surrounding walls. There'd be no need for physical attachment points.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Based on the latest official frunk press from Ford, the dividers will have negligible impact on shellfish capacity. So... We just don't know about any other use case yet. ;)
False! We also know about the "wings" use case and the "cooler with a few cans and approximately one ton of ice" use cases.
?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"how many cupholders does the Mach-E have?"
"well, that depends..."
"how can it depend? you look at the car and count them!"
"does the frunk count?"
"what are you talking about you crazy person? how come I can never get a straight answer out of you? range is 'it depends' acceleration is 'it depends' in-cabin sound is 'it depends' and now you can't even count cupholders? BEVs are dumb, I'm going to get back in my Suburban!"
Sponsored