Dial Cracked Under Normal Use

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dial Cracked Under Normal Use 506E4769-5F6E-4B2A-AB45-4E1B4B8B737C

I’ve had my Mach E officially for 6 days now and the dial for the drive selector has already cracked. Nothing has been dropped on it or left sitting on it. My dealership has always been fantastic so I am hoping it will be covered under warranty. I saw one post on another website where someone had a similar issue with similar crack patterns. Has anyone else had this issue and any tips on preventing it from happening again after it’s been replaced?
Sponsored

OP
OP
iNeedANameHere

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag
That’s a warranty item unless you’ve been taking a ball peen hammer to it. Call the dealer and get the ball rolling.

No trouble with mine at all fortunately.
No abuse to it at all! Clueless as to how it even happened. Thankfully warranties are a thing! :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
No abuse to it at all! Clueless as to how it even happened. Thankfully warranties are a thing! :)
It appears to me in my entirely untrained eye and non-expert opinion to be a stress induced crack. Those do happen. Should be an easy fix though.

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
it is cheap and crappy part. Should be easy to replace, probably just pops up if you pull. I guess it costs 25c

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dial Cracked Under Normal Use 506E4769-5F6E-4B2A-AB45-4E1B4B8B737C

I’ve had my Mach E officially for 6 days now and the dial for the drive selector has already cracked. Nothing has been dropped on it or left sitting on it. My dealership has always been fantastic so I am hoping it will be covered under warranty. I saw one post on another website where someone had a similar issue with similar crack patterns. Has anyone else had this issue and any tips on preventing it from happening again after it’s been replaced?
If you search this forum, you’ll unfortunately find a number of posts on this issue. Sadly.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you search this forum, you’ll unfortunately find a number of posts on this issue. Sadly.
I searched and found one complaint on this forum (the OP in this post), and two on the lesser "club." All three complainants are encountering this issue within the first 7 days of ownership.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I searched and found one complaint on this forum (the OP in this post), and two on the lesser "club." All three complainants are encountering this issue within the first 7 days of ownership.
Yeah several of us are on here a lot and this is the first I am seeing of this myself.

Given that this is a parts-bin part from many models, it should be an easy replacement.
Sponsored