Did I get Blue Cruise or did the Dealer waste my day?

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Dealer had my car for the Glass recall. I asked if they could do the Blue Cruise update the next day. They called and said it was installed successfully One day later. Told me it took 6 hours to do. Got her home after work and watched a quick Ford video about activating Blue Cruise. However when I went to settings I did not see the Blue Cruise setting ( like I saw in Ford’s video).

Did I get blue Cruise or just duped?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did I get Blue Cruise or did the Dealer waste my day? F1B03B5B-DF80-43DB-86B7-E696DE2F28E9
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Mine is like that as well. I did just get 2.5.3 and have not looked to see if that changed anything yet.

Best way is to take it for a drive and see if it works

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Dealer had my car for the Glass recall. I asked if they could do the Blue Cruise update the next day. They called and said it was installed successfully One day later. Told me it took 6 hours to do. Got her home after work and watched a quick Ford video about activating Blue Cruise. However when I went to settings I did not see the Blue Cruise setting ( like I saw in Ford’s video).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Did I get Blue Cruise or did the Dealer waste my day? F1B03B5B-DF80-43DB-86B7-E696DE2F28E9
Check the other threads, plenty of ways to tell. Not sure another thread is needed.

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I have Blue Cruise and my screen is the same as yours. Did you get a message in Ford Pass it’s enabled? Also sign into your Ford Account and check your connected services.

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sometimes it takes overnight for the "Hands-free" to show. Check to see if it changes to "Lane Centering with hands-free" in the am

sweekrut

First Name
Son
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Ford has just wasted your day. They have wasted mine as well. We just need to wait for OTA now.

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I have Blue Cruise and my screen is the same as yours. Did you get a message in Ford Pass it’s enabled? Also sign into your Ford Account and check your connected services.
This is what I see under connected services. "Blue Cruise Coming Soon". However, I'm glad yours looks the same. So far my dealer has not steered me wrong. I bet I just have to get out and try it on the highway. Do you turn it on the same way as cruise control?

No message in FP app. While they had the car a master reset was done, so I had to set up everything again :(

Connected Services

Ford Mustang Mach-E Did I get Blue Cruise or did the Dealer waste my day? banner_FPCN_small

Available
BlueOval™ Charge Network
Our network combines multiple charging networks, giving you hassle-free pay-as-you-go access to more than 19,500 public charging stations across North America — all through a single sign-up. Plus use the Plug & Charge feature to automatically activate charging by simply plugging into a participating public charging station.
Activate Trial
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did I get Blue Cruise or did the Dealer waste my day? BlueCruise_Small

Coming Soon
Ford BlueCruise
The next evolution in advanced driver-assist technology is right around the corner – and heading to your vehicle through a new software update coming soon! Introducing BlueCruise – an all-new Connected Service lets you enjoy hands-free highway driving* on pre-qualified sections of divided highways in North America called Hands-Free Blue Zones. It builds on amazing technology like Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition – and it’s designed to help you commute with comfort and confidence wherever the journey takes you.

*See Learn More for Additional Information
View Product Details
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did I get Blue Cruise or did the Dealer waste my day? banner_CNAV_builtin_small

Connected Built-in Navigation
Trial Expiration Date
07/09/24

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ford has just wasted your day. They have wasted mine as well. We just need to wait for OTA now.
I really hope that is not the case. I'll take her on the highway today if I get a chance. Work has been relentless.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I cancelled my last appointment with our local Ford dealer just because I thought it would be a waste of time and I still need to find one that has had some experience doing the glass recalls!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I really hope that is not the case. I'll take her on the highway today if I get a chance. Work has been relentless.
You don't have BlueCruise. If you did, the line that says Lane Centering would say Lane Centering with Hands-Free.

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
You don't have BlueCruise. If you did, the line that says Lane Centering would say Lane Centering with Hands-Free.
I appreciate the info!!! Called the service dept. back and he is "looking into it". It was their 1st Blue Cruise update so I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just wonder what kind of instruction Ford Co. is providing the service people. But hey; i knew i would be a beta tester when I bought the car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I appreciate the info!!! Called the service dept. back and he is "looking into it". It was their 1st Blue Cruise update so I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just wonder what kind of instruction Ford Co. is providing the service people. But hey; i knew i would be a beta tester when I bought the car.
They gave them 5 pages of instructions, plus an additional set of instructions for the BlueCruise map update.

OP
OP
67 Stang Convertible

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
For those of you whom had the dealer do the BC Update, was a Master Reset necessary? That is a PIA. My car did not charge last night. I reset up the schedule while it was plugged in yesterday. Hoping it charges tonight!! Had to set up the whole thing like it was brand new.
Sponsored