Did I get someone else's Ford Pass message?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Today at 1:15p Eastern I got a message in the Ford Pass app:

Desired charge level will not be reached​
Mach-E will only reach 89% by your Departure Time, as there is not enough time to charge.​
But... I don't have any scheduled departures. I have the car configured to limit charging to 80% and it's already at 80%.

So this made me wonder if the message was for a different Ford Pass account.
Sponsored

Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Today at 1:15p Eastern I got a message in the Ford Pass app:

Desired charge level will not be reached​
Mach-E will only reach 89% by your Departure Time, as there is not enough time to charge.​
But... I don't have any scheduled departures. I have the car configured to limit charging to 80% and it's already at 80%.

So this made me wonder if the message was for a different Ford Pass account.
I've been getting strange messages as well. For example, today I got a message at 12:37 am: "Vehicle will charge outside of preferred Charge Time" (my charge time is set for 12:00 am to 6:00 pm everyday), then at 1:25 am: "Completed charging to desire level'', then at 6:34 am: "Desired charge level will not be reached" . Car was charged to 90% as I had it set. And now my departure time is set but not working. This stopped working after I got my charger installed and was able to fully charge before departure time.
Seems like we need an OTA asap but also a way to report all these bugs to Ford.

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
Same here. Got both the can’t make it message and charging outside my window. Neither of which were applicable to me at the moment.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
In FordPass, vehicle, manage EV, notification settings, you can turn off some of these messages. I turned off plug-in reminder, vehicle charging outside preferred times, and target charge level will not be reached, as I have gotten all of these and they are not useful.
Sponsored