mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, F150, Toyota Camry, '68 Mercury Cougar
Country flag
Hello all. Been following this forum for some time. Maybe someone can offer us some reassurances that my dealer didn't mess up our order? I submitted a reservation on the day it opened November 18. The reservation number is was in the low 4000's (100041xx). We had reserved a GT, but as information developed, and the later delivery timeline, decided to stick with a Premium. It was our understanding from reading the available information that we would be able to change from a GT to Premium when the ordering banks opened. On June 30th, we went to our designated dealer to order and provided our reservation number. We are the first Mach E the dealer placed an order for. We detailed the specs for our order with the sales rep and left. It took them a couple of days, but we got a confirmation for our order of a Premium trim level. Our order number was J6xx. Despite the order, it is still showing our reservation on our Ford.com profile. We cannot see the order. And that order number differs from the order number others are disclosing. Anyone have any insight into what this all may mean?
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I don't know if your dealer messed up your order or not.

I do know the information went out that you could not change from a GT to another model via the online reservation system.

I believe, you still have a GT reservation and a premium order. Based on that it is difficult to determine if you receive any type of priority for your new order based on your initial reservation.

It will be difficult to determine the answer as I am doubtful the dealer has any insight into this. Calling the Mach-E customer support may be your best option, but I am not sure if they will give you a good answer, or at least not the answer you want to hear.

I would call and see if they can at least, link the order to your account so you can see it.

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Our order number was J6xx.
Are you sure that is your order number? Could it be an Order ID, which identifies the dealer and is different than your reservation number.

OP
OP

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you sure that is your order number? Could it be an Order ID, which identifies the dealer and is different than your reservation number.
Yes, it is identified as the Order ID. There is no other identifier in the email.

OP
OP

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know if your dealer messed up your order or not.

I do know the information went out that you could not change from a GT to another model via the online reservation system.

I believe, you still have a GT reservation and a premium order. Based on that it is difficult to determine if you receive any type of priority for your new order based on your initial reservation.

It will be difficult to determine the answer as I am doubtful the dealer has any insight into this. Calling the Mach-E customer support may be your best option, but I am not sure if they will give you a good answer, or at least not the answer you want to hear.

I would call and see if they can at least, link the order to your account so you can see it.
Thanks. I must have missed that info about not being able to change from a GT. I was worried about that but was never able to find any information that said definitively. I have called the customer support and also the dealer about linking the order to my account, neither discussion was productive.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not that it helps you now, but if you look at the FAQ (I tried to screenshot it, but the view was weird on mobile), the question of; I ordered a GT but want to switch to another model. The answer said to cancel reservation and create a new order.

I'm not sure if this was clear back when we were making our reservations.

OP
OP

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not that it helps you now, but if you look at the FAQ (I tried to screenshot it, but the view was weird on mobile), the question of; I ordered a GT but want to switch to another model. The answer said to cancel reservation and create a new order.

I'm not sure if this was clear back when we were making our reservations.
Hmmm.... I wonder when that FAQ was added. I read, and reread, the reservation FAQ's multiple times between last November and this May and don't recall seeing that. The below question and response was as close as I could find to answer the question:

Can I make changes to my reservation?
You will be able to make changes and finalize your configuration at the time you place your order

I even called the dealer at one point to inquire about switching trim levels. They weren't helpful and referred me to the ford online website...

At this point, I just want to know if I am in line for delivery later this year or not. My spouse wants an AWD SUV before winter and I talked her out of it last year in order to wait for this. I don't think I can convince her to go through another winter in her Camry

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm.... I wonder when that FAQ was added. I read, and reread, the reservation FAQ's multiple times between last November and this May and don't recall seeing that. The below question and response was as close as I could find to answer the question:

You will be able to make changes and finalize your configuration at the time you place your order

I even called the dealer at one point to inquire about switching trim levels. They weren't helpful and referred me to the ford online website...

At this point, I just want to know if I am in line for delivery later this year or not. My spouse wants an AWD SUV before winter and I talked her out of it last year in order to wait for this. I don't think I can convince her to go through another winter in her Camry
If I were to guess, the first deliveries would happen in December, and based on the fact you essentially have a new order, I'd be pretty confident you wouldn't have your vehicle until spring, but that is just a guess.

I doubt your dealership will have any idea on production schedule until at least the end of August when I believe the initial production schedule is finalized.

As far as an AWD SUV, I love my Honda HRV, not that that is helpful for you either...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

You can't switch to/from a special edition (FE/GT) to another version (Select, Rt 1, Premium).

Yes you can change your configuration/trim of non-special edition Mach-E at the time of ordering. Or even after ordering the dealer can update your order (before its scheduled for production).

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...rst-edition-how-to-order-a-gt.1051/post-24964

OP
OP

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks. I wish that would have been clear in January...
I don't think that information became public until June as people started to convert their orders. Some dealers may have known a bit earlier but not much.

OP
OP

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think that information became public until June as people started to convert their orders. Some dealers may have known a bit earlier but not much.
And that is my ultimate frustration. Opportunity to cancel and reserve the correct trim level had already come and gone...

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree, wish some of the info would have been available sooner. It's hard to decide on FE, GT or premium in one day after watching the unveiling.

I'm not sure how sold you are on the premium or what your dealers deposit policy is, or your desire to have your reservation deposit back quickly... But, you could wait until the GT reservation ordering opens up, and since you still have a reservation for one, you might just want to stick with a GT and cancel the premium.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
When I made my initial reservation, I did not completely understand the difference between a FE and a premium, that basically the FE is a trim level for the premium. I also thought it was only available in grabber blue. If I could do it over again, I might have picked a FE in rapid red. Being the first delivered would be a big plus at this point. The red stitching and painted fender edges instead of black would be nice also. I don't remember what the price difference was.

OP
OP

mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree, wish some of the info would have been available sooner. It's hard to decide on FE, GT or premium in one day after watching the unveiling.

I'm not sure how sold you are on the premium or what your dealers deposit policy is, or your desire to have your reservation deposit back quickly... But, you could wait until the GT reservation ordering opens up, and since you still have a reservation for one, you might just want to stick with a GT and cancel the premium.
You hit on my thoughts at the moment. I haven't cancelled my GT reservation yet, and the dealer did not require me to put any money down. So I won't be out anything to cancel the order for the Premium. If I can't get a Premium until next spring, I might ride out and go forward with a GT. Assuming I can get my wife to agree...
Sponsored