Did my dealer mess up my order?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
When I made my initial reservation, I did not completely understand the difference between a FE and a premium, that basically the FE is a trim level for the premium. I also thought it was only available in grabber blue. If I could do it over again, I might have picked a FE in rapid red. Being the first delivered would be a big plus at this point. The red stitching and painted fender edges instead of black would be nice also. I don't remember what the price difference was.
I was thinking something similar. I had a reservation for an FE, cancelled it, and switched to a GT. I’m kind of wishing I had kept both since I didn’t know you couldn’t switch between FE, GT, and Premium/Select/Rt. 1.
Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I agree, wish some of the info would have been available sooner. It's hard to decide on FE, GT or premium in one day after watching the unveiling.
As far as I remember, Ford did not say that it was possible to switch trims in the early days since the reservations is open. Therefore, it would be prudent to assume you won't be able to do that.

The optimal solution here is to make multiple reservations if you can't decide which trim to pick in one day (assuming you're not concerned about giving Ford a $500 interest-free loan).

I wasn't sure between Mach E and Model Y back in November. So I made a reservation for each. I have since decided to get my $2500 back from Tesla, and converted my day-one Mach E reservation to an order.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The price difference between a FE and a Premium is $1,600. 00. The differences are purely cosmetic.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The price difference between a FE and a Premium is $1,600. 00. The differences are purely cosmetic.
Only $1000. FE price dropped so buyers could add red and stay under $60K.