James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not the best conditions and will do more after it warms up.
Temp 49 degrees F, 1 bar showing (the are pretty dim and I'm pretty old so I did not see them when I got the car)
22 GT still starts pulling power at about 80. Measured using my Racebox pro.

3-15-22.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
snowy_91

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately yes, not really an issue for me. I rarely go that fast.... ;)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Not the best conditions and will do more after it warms up.
Temp 49 degrees F, 1 bar showing (the are pretty dim and I'm pretty old so I did not see them when I got the car)
22 GT still starts pulling power at about 80. Measured using my Racebox pro.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Did one run in my 22 GTPE 3-15-22
Always good to see real world data points. 49F is chilly but not horrible. Really strong ET til the 1/8th with the typical low trap speed already happening as the 75-80+mph slowing sets in.

OP
OP
snowy_91

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Always good to see real world data points. 49F is chilly but not horrible. Really strong ET til the 1/8th with the typical low trap speed already happening as the 75-80+mph slowing sets in.
It makes me giggle every time I hit it. :)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I donā€™t have Draggy or race box or anything fancy. But these seems about what I was getting as well.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Hereā€™s a run from my wifeā€™s 4X a couple of months ago that illustrates the trap speed shenanigans of the GT. Iā€™ve since gotten the 60 fts into the 2.05 range, which would make for a 13.2-13.3 best ET but I havenā€™t run a full 1/4 in a while since I donā€™t really drive it that much. It definitely isnā€™t running with a GT from a dig thatā€™s for sure.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Did one run in my 22 GTPE 7D7BE398-5C88-4A56-A25A-64815A588F9B

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hereā€™s a run from my wifeā€™s 4X a couple of months ago that illustrates the trap speed shenanigans of the GT. Iā€™ve since gotten the 60 fts into the 2.05 range, which would make for a 13.2-13.3 best ET but I havenā€™t run a full 1/4 in a while since I donā€™t really drive it that much. It definitely isnā€™t running with a GT from a dig thatā€™s for sure.
7D7BE398-5C88-4A56-A25A-64815A588F9B.png
But the 4x is actually going faster at the 1/4 mile mark. And presumably starts to pull away as the GT limits power even more. I wish my wife would race me but sheā€™s scared. Iā€™d like to see a head to head 1/2 mile.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
But the 4x is actually going faster at the 1/4 mile mark. And presumably starts to pull away as the GT limits power even more. I wish my wife would race me but sheā€™s scared. Iā€™d like to see a head to head 1/2 mile.
Yes, I know, weā€™ve beaten the trap speed horse to death in those other threads haha. In a half mile run the 4X is probably winning because it does 0-110mph 2.3 seconds quicker than the GTPE does based on Car and Driver testing. However, itā€™s capped at 113-114mph top speed ( I have verified ), whereas the GT can do 124. But, the GTā€™s acceleration pace is just glacial after 85-90mph, so the 4X prob still walks it.

I also have a 10.2 sec. 30-100mph Dragy run that I think a GT would struggle to beat.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yes, I know, weā€™ve beaten the trap speed horse to death in those other threads haha. In a half mile run the 4X is probably winning because it does 0-110mph 2.3 seconds quicker than the GTPE does based on Car and Driver testing. However, itā€™s capped at 113-114mph top speed ( I have verified ), whereas the GT can do 124. But, the GTā€™s acceleration pace is just glacial after 85-90mph, so the 4X prob still walks it.

I also have a 10.2 sec. 30-100mph Dragy run that I think a GT would struggle to beat.
Sorry to beat that dead horse.
I wasnā€™t paying much attention when we first beat the horse to death because I never expected to have a GT-PE fall into my lap. So Iā€™m still struggling to wrap my mind around it a little. The GT-PE is a lot more fun, stoplight to stoplight. But when Iā€™ve got a wide open stretch of backroad, it leaves me wanting my 4X back.
Iā€™ll look up the car and driver testing.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Sorry to beat that dead horse.
I wasnā€™t paying much attention when we first beat the horse to death because I never expected to have a GT-PE fall into my lap. So Iā€™m still struggling to wrap my mind around it a little. The GT-PE is a lot more fun, stoplight to stoplight. But when Iā€™ve got a wide open stretch of backroad, it leaves me wanting my 4X back.
Iā€™ll look up the car and driver testing.
Yeah, I didnā€™t mean it to come out like that. Youā€™re right, itā€™s frustrating Iā€™m sure. The 5 second full power issue has actually kept us from seeking to trade my wifeā€™s 4X in on a GTPE. Otherwise, itā€™s a beast.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

I know you keep hanging on to this hope, but I still donā€™t think there is a scenario where the 4x wins a race.

Races are won by getting to the finish line first.

Trap speed doesnā€™t win races.

At the 1/4 mile mark, the 4X may be going 1 mph faster, but itā€™s already 5-6 car lengths behind.

By the time you had the opportunity to possibly catch up, youā€™d hit top speed and fall behind again.

The only possible chance you have is if itā€™s super cold outside and both cars have been driving on the highway. GT seems to pull more power in the cold.

But full charge, good weather? I donā€™t think you could invent a scenario you would win.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I know you keep hanging on to this hope, but I still donā€™t think there is a scenario where the 4x wins a race.

Races are won by getting to the finish line first.

Trap speed doesnā€™t win races.

At the 1/4 mile mark, the 4X may be going 1 mph faster, but itā€™s already 5-6 car lengths behind.

By the time you had the opportunity to possibly catch up, youā€™d hit top speed and fall behind again.
Here we go again haha ?. In a drag race the 4X doesnā€™t ever catch a GT unless one goes 0-110mph or higher that much is certain. Itā€™s 15.x 0-110mph time is 2+ secs ahead of the GTs handicapped 17.x sec 0-110.
However, Iā€™ve now driven our 4X enough to say that you almost never sense a power pull back even when really ripping on it for extended periods. Backroads, toll roads, whatever - even repeated 20-80 or 30-100 runs donā€™t result in noticeable power limiting. I think thatā€™s what @Murse-In-Airy is referring to.

Iā€™m also still waiting for a willing GT owner to post a 30-100 Dragy or VBox run thatā€™s faster than 10.2 secs. Thatā€™s what our 4X got in 64F temps at 75-80% SOC. Iā€™m truly curious.

And Iā€™m holding no hope because it doesnā€™t matter to me in reality. My car is much faster than our 4X and Iā€™ve now finally begun the hunt for a GT350 to replace it. ?

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I LOVE my MME GT. But the 5SR is so frustrating.
Sponsored