Husky44

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Mustang convertible, 06 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Yeah, I got the “Built” email today actually. I am still on the fence, the supply chain issues have left the car notably different than what I ordered. Do I want the car I ordered? Yes. Do I want a car that is 98% of what I ordered? I don’t know. I’ll have to see how I feel when it is in front of me.
What all is missing? I know they did away with the kick thing for the lift gate, and now Park Assist.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So I tried 0-60 on my way home. No preconditioning. 13°F.

1st run: 5.5 seconds 0-60
2nd run: 5.8 seconds 0-60.
I never got slower than 5.4 in the 4X. So there are times when the GT-PE is slower than the 4X.

I’m still glad I have my GT-PE. For the ultimate price difference of $5K, the magna-ride, larger tires, and better seats are worth it. In the summer it will be a kick in the pants. But I’d be lying if I didn’t admire that all the asterisks in the winter are dissatisfying.

(asterisk on this too. I was recording my times with the stopwatch on my phone. So entirely unscientific)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

I never got slower than 5.4 in the 4X. So there are times when the GT-PE is slower than the 4X.

I’m still glad I have my GT-PE. For the ultimate price difference of $5K, the magna-ride, larger tires, and better seats are worth it. In the summer it will be a kick in the pants. But I’d be lying if I didn’t admire that all the asterisks in the winter are dissatisfying.

(asterisk on this too. I was recording my times with the stopwatch on my phone. So entirely unscientific)
I'm sure it's on here somewhere but what did you do for tires on the GT-PE? You're not running the summer tires right now, right?

I wonder how much if anything the difference in tires impacts this. (This is not my area of expertise at all, so this could be a dumb question.)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I'm sure it's on here somewhere but what did you do for tires on the GT-PE? You're not running the summer tires right now, right?

I wonder how much if anything the difference in tires impacts this. (This is not my area of expertise at all, so this could be a dumb question.)
Blizzaks on the GTPE. Stock Michelin on the 4x

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

100% he’s not running summers ?? But, to your question, even though the GTPE can spin its front tires a bit on launch because of weight transfer it still puts down power well enough with awd that any All Seasons would be very close to dedicated winter tires in 13F as long as the roads are dry.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
After the first run do I have to wait for you to catch up? ?
Again, I think/hope you’re right, but, I keep waiting to see a GT Dragy run do 30-100 better than 10.1-10.2 because that’s the 4X time so far. ??‍♂

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Blizzaks on the GTPE. Stock Michelin on the 4x
100% he’s not running summers ?? But, to your question, even though the GTPE can spin its front tires a bit on launch because of weight transfer it still puts down power well enough with awd that any All Seasons would be very close to dedicated winter tires in 13F as long as the roads are dry.
thanks.

this is all super interesting although it's somewhat fuel on the fire for some folks, I suspect.

it seems something very interesting is going on that's more than just the infamous 5 second thing and I at least am not remotely qualified to even begin to speculate about what.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Just for fun, order a Dragy for $150, it’s so much fun to use. Does braking distances too. And you can customize your run captures for virtually any mph-mph you want.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I would be all over it, if I had a Dragy. But I'm the kind of guy to spend $1,000 on a phone and complain about a $1 ad free version of an app. (Spend $70k+ on a car and complain about a $159 dragy)
I hear you. You can always sell it on to someone else after a bit of fun….come on, be the GT owner to finally shut my 30-100 talk down ?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just for fun, order a Dragy for $150, it’s so much fun to use. Does braking distances too. And you can customize your run captures for virtually any mph-mph you want.
I gotta pay for my mods first. By the time the car is “mine” I’ll have warmer weather. Maybe by next winter.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
@Pushrods&Capacitors, is there a way to configure the Dragy app to do 30-100 or do I have to mine that data from a run? I can only find where to turn presets on and off (0-30, 0-60, etc.).
Message me, I’ll send you instructions on setting it up. Pretty easy. Or, go here, this guy explains it:

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I would be all over it, if I had a Dragy. But I'm the kind of guy to spend $1,000 on a phone and complain about a $1 ad free version of an app. (Spend $70k+ on a car and complain about a $159 dragy)
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Yeah, I got the “Built” email today actually. I am still on the fence, the supply chain issues have left the car notably different than what I ordered. Do I want the car I ordered? Yes. Do I want a car that is 98% of what I ordered? I don’t know. I’ll have to see how I feel when it is in front of me.
Do you have a Plan B?
Sponsored