Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Frustrating. 2 hours at the dealer today and 2 hours of driving……And this…..after I got home tonight.

I deleted my phone and added it after the update, at the dealer. I set up the phone as a key again as well.

So I decided to go see my entry lights and Mustang on the ground in the dark tonight and nothing. I had to use my code to get in and my code to turn the ignition on. I noticed Ford pass said “Bluetooth disconnected”.

At first I rebooted my phone and started FordPass againI no response from the car either.

I deleted my phones and PAAK again and redid it all again. It worked once. I will try again tomorrrow, but I see no difference from before the update.

I guess it’s a good thing I got an extra fob programmed. This feature does not reliably work. I do live in a rural area but my Hyundai Blue link has never failed to connect in 2 years.

My Ford pass is on all the time (as it’s supposed to be) location has always been set to always, and I have an IPhone XR that I never shut down.

Frustrating! Maybe tomorrow it will
Magically work……but I am not holding my breath.

7E86CF7B-691F-45CB-97FC-80EB7BFCC1B1.jpeg

FC8FAB83-7008-4A52-A87F-39711CFC2951.jpeg

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Frustrating. 2 hours at the dealer today and 2 hours of driving……And this…..after I got home tonight.

I deleted my phone and added it after the update, at the dealer. I set up the phone as a key again as well.

So I decided to go see my entry lights and Mustang on the ground in the dark tonight and nothing. I had to use my code to get in and my code to turn the ignition on. I noticed Ford pass said “Bluetooth disconnected”.

At first I rebooted my phone and started FordPass againI no response from the car either.

I deleted my phones and PAAK again and redid it all again. It worked once. I will try again tomorrrow, but I see no difference from before the update.

I guess it’s a good thing I got an extra fob programmed. This feature does not reliably work. I do live in a rural area but my Hyundai Blue link has never failed to connect in 2 years.

My Ford pass is on all the time (as it’s supposed to be) location has always been set to always, and I have an IPhone XR that I never shut down.

Frustrating! Maybe tomorrow it will
Magically work……but I am not holding my breath.

7E86CF7B-691F-45CB-97FC-80EB7BFCC1B1.jpeg

FC8FAB83-7008-4A52-A87F-39711CFC2951.jpeg
Well, so far today it has worked every time without incident. Maybe that last reboot and reinstall last night did it. I have only used my phone all day today (entered and exited 12 times) and have not been left behind. Drove 100 miles too. No key anywhere near the car. Just PAAK. I am cautiously optimistic.

I even got locked out of my house as I did not have a house key. Everything lights up when I approach. Also the phone absolutely must be placed in the console. I left it out once and went to press the start button before I placed it and got the “no Key detected” warning.

fingers crossed!

BTW Herb Alpert MP3s sound great in the Mach E. The car is so quiet I feel like I am moving in an Elevator in the 70’s or 80’s, when I was a kid.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Did PAAK update today work for me?  NOT. E906891A-C2D3-4F32-89A3-3588762DD6DA

Ford Mustang Mach-E Did PAAK update today work for me?  NOT. B7A22A7E-3538-41B0-AD5E-C8AA3274E836

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well, so far today it has worked every time without incident. Maybe that last reboot and reinstall last night did it. I have only used my phone all day today (entered and exited 12 times) and have not been left behind. Drove 100 miles too. No key anywhere near the car. Just PAAK. I am cautiously optimistic.

fingers crossed!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Did PAAK update today work for me?  NOT. B7A22A7E-3538-41B0-AD5E-C8AA3274E836
Nice!

I even got locked out of my house as I did not have a house key.
I realized this might be a problem so I had a new hose key made and tucked it under the tire inflator kit in the back.

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Nice!

I realized this might be a problem so I had a new hose key made and tucked it under the tire inflator kit in the back.
Thanks for the suggestion, it’s already hidden in the car.....
Sponsored