Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Doesn't explain the delay for those cars that have been shipped to Kansas City. Mine is sitting there right now but i still got an email saying it will be delayed til end of March. 2 months sitting in a lot? hmmm
Sorry for not being clear. I mean there is obviously a part that needs to be replaced on the already produced vehicles. The part that needs to be replaced most likely contains a computer chip.
Sponsored

Popeye

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Doesn't explain the delay for those cars that have been shipped to Kansas City. Mine is sitting there right now but i still got an email saying it will be delayed til end of March. 2 months sitting in a lot? hmmm
it has a faulty part that needs to be replaced. The replacement part contains a chip. Since they can’t get a hold of chips, they can’t produce the replacement part.

Reactions: UW2

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Delivery of my First Edition has been delayed 5 days per the tracker. No email from Ford.

Sorry for not being clear. I mean there is obviously a part that needs to be replaced on the already produced vehicles. The part that needs to be replaced most likely contains a computer chip.
No, not so obvious. It could be software or a QA/QC issue. It's not necessarily a part.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
it has a faulty part that needs to be replaced. The replacement part contains a chip. Since they can’t get a hold of chips, they can’t produce the replacement part.
Do you KNOW this or are you just guessing? No problem with guesses on the Forum but let's make it clear which you are posting. No need to start false rumors.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Delivery of my First Edition has been delayed 5 days per the tracker. No email from Ford.

No, not so obvious. It could be software or a QA/QC issue. It's not necessarily a part.
Interesting....since our cars were LIKELY on the same train heading in the same region. I got the delayed email (end of March). Wonder if it’s because you have a FE, and I only have a Premium RWD? I’m trying not to speculate, but this is killing me.

Popeye

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Do you KNOW this or are you just guessing? No problem with guesses on the Forum but let's make it clear which you are posting. No need to start false rumors.
I am just guessing. I was trying to clarify my speculation for rat.

To me it is a long delay. Can’t be software. If it was software they would simply run an OTA to update the vehicles. Many of us here our software engineers, no way a 60 day delay would be for a software update. Especially one that can be done over the air.

IMO, a part needs to be replaced. In order to replace that part, a new replacement part needs to be produced. Modern ICE vehicles contain over 50 chips. A BEV I could see easily doubles that amount. So the probability of the replacement part containing a chip is about 90%.

given that automakers time parts supply deliveries for JIT vehicle production they most likely do not have a stock pile of the faulty part. This means then, that the part needs to be produced for the 1000’s of cars already built. In order to build that part they would need components of that part. Casing, wiring, CHIPS, etc. Given the shortage of chips everyone is currently experiencing. The part manufacturer, like everyone else, is most likely having trouble acquiring the chips necessary to make the part. This would then cause the 60 day delay.

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag

Its all guessing and BS. they have no source.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Since the Mache Drop orders never get any emails or messages from FORD, and are in final production, it doesn't look like those will get delay "notices". maybe through dealers.

And if it is a part that they need to wait on, does that mean no more production till the part is in, or they have a lot full of cars that need to be retrofitted somehow?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Since the Mache Drop orders never get any emails or messages from FORD, and are in final production, it doesn't look like those will get delay "notices". maybe through dealers.

And if it is a part that they need to wait on, does that mean no more production till the part is in, or they have a lot full of cars that need to be retrofitted somehow?
Mine was a straight-up First Edition order. I think I didn't get the email because mine may fall into a sweet spot in the shipping process that only resulted in a 5-day delay. No need to email folks with a short delay.

Of course, mine could be bumped even farther back and I get the email tomorrow ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Mine was a straight-up First Edition order. I think I didn't get the email because mine may fall into a sweet spot in the shipping process that only resulted in a 5-day delay. No need to email folks with a short delay.

Of course, mine could be bumped even farther back and I get the email tomorrow ?
I believe this is true for me as well. Mine never shipped, and the only date given so far to me was production date, which was met. So no "need" to send me mail.

Now, that said, I've been clear on here that I don't think Ford communications has been where I think it should have been. This is another case. I don't believe there's any reason to not email every single order holder with a note saying "hey we caught an issue [high level details] your car has been delayed a bit while we fix it - we think it will delay things by [time period]. We at Ford believe it's important to try to send you the highest quality vehicle possible rather than shipping it to you and correcting known issues after the fact; you are not a 'beta tester' - you're a valued customer buying an important product, and we want you to know that."

you could easily throw legitimate shade at another here unnamed BEV vendor while legitimately keeping me informed. win-win!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now, that said, I've been clear on here that I don't think Ford communications has been where I think it should have been. This is another case. I don't believe there's any reason to not email every single order holder with a note saying "hey we caught an issue [high level details] your car has been delayed a bit while we fix it - we think it will delay things by [time period]. We at Ford believe it's important to try to send you the highest quality vehicle possible rather than shipping it to you and correcting known issues after the fact; you are not a 'beta tester' - you're a valued customer buying an important product, and we want you to know that."
I hope they are still trying to get to the bottom of whatever this is and plan such an email to all buyers.

Popeye

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Its all guessing and BS. they have no source.
Yes. Complete Bs. It is pure speculation. No source. Just guessing based upon what little facts we know.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
AWD, premium, ext, delayed from end of this month to end of March. Was delivered in KC on the 9th. Can't see this as anything other than a QC issue, but no idea if it is a part or SW, more likely a part since it is such a long delay, but like everyone has said pure guessing.

Don't have, nor want a google account so cannot fill out the survey, but I did receive the email last night.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
How did this pass Fords QA? Production EV's sitting in lots for a couple months. What will that do the battery? Hopefully they are all plugged in.