RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
What are your thoughts on the power and drive feel differences? Was the price jump really worth it to you for the extra power?
Sponsored

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Last year i started out with a AWD+ER version and upgraded to the GT Performance edition.
Mainly because of the way better suspension and better chairs.
Do i notice it is faster ? yes. But it was never my intention to be quicker.

Never looked back, it is better. But way more expensive. Especially now with the new prices.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You'll find a few people that drove both. I drove a GTPE after already owning the Premium. Did I notice a difference? Meh. Not really, but the seats were less comfortable in the GTPE.

I can't justify buying a $55,000 vehicle, but I did. I couldn't begin to justify upgrading to a GT or GTPE.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Last year i started out with a AWD+ER version and upgraded to the GT Performance edition.

Never looked back, it is better. But way more expensive. Especially now with the new prices.
Thanks! I decided against the PE price. I have read is a rough ride for the base. Wonder if the same for GT. I am pretty sure PE is smoother ride.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! I decided against the PE price. I have read is a rough ride for the base. Wonder if the same for GT. I am pretty sure PE is smoother ride.
In Europe they only sell the PE edition. But as i understand the "cheaper" GT does not have magneride suspention.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Our MME First Edition isn't a 'floating on air', but it's not objectionable in the ride area. We just rented a Audi Quattro A5 S-Line this weekend bon a trip, and even on 'Comfort' setting, was noticeably more jarring on the road for sure. Nice vehicle and loved the pull out thigh support but the MME ride and Interior materials were just better. I think as ride goes, the MME is firm, but never jarring. Touring tires can go a long way in adjusting ride.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
In Europe they only sell the PE edition. But as i understand the "cheaper" GT does not have magneride suspention.
That is correct. I am spoiled getting MR on my last 2 Mustangs.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You'll find a few people that drove both. I drove a GTPE after already owning the Premium. Did I notice a difference? Meh. Not really, but the seats were less comfortable in the GTPE.

I can't justify buying a $55,000 vehicle, but I did. I couldn't begin to justify upgrading to a GT or GTPE.
My premium edition was 69000 euro and the GT PE was 75000. So not a big uplift for better suspention and better chairs. Well i think they are better and thats what counts right ?
With the new price of the GT PE reaching 85.000 euro i wonder if i would do the same again...

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag

Our reasons for purchasing the GTPE are much the same. The power is nice but an infrequent thing. However, the suspension and seats are so nice and were the primary driver of a GTPE over any other model. If the regular GT or even CA RT 1 had the magnetic ride I may have saved a few bucks and gotten one of those.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Our reasons for purchasing the GTPE are much the same. The power is nice but an infrequent thing. However, the suspension and seats are so nice and were the primary driver of a GTPE over any other model. If the regular GT or even CA RT 1 had the magnetic ride I may have saved a few bucks and gotten one of those.
Hmmm. I'm hoping I didn't boo boo on not getting PE. You would think a 60K GT would handle well enough.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm. I'm hoping I didn't boo boo on not getting PE. You would think a 60K GT would handle well enough.
There actually is a aftermarket suspention that should perform better. That option was not available yet last year.
I had to do something, because my entire family complained that they were launched against the roof before.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What are your thoughts on the power and drive feel differences? Was the price jump really worth it to you for the extra power?
I have driven all trims except CR1.
The performance difference between Premium and GT is much more noticeable than SE to PE.
I liked the ride of the GT better but the seats felt weird. I might have gotten used to it after a while.
The GT didn't appeal to me any more than any of the other trims. The extra power wasn't really enough to make me violate my wallet any more than it already had been. :)

If I had to buy a new MME today. It would be the GT because I like the look of body colored wheel well moldings and painted calipers. Luckily the base FE includes those items so am pleased with it.

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
For me, its the smile on my face everytime I unleash 600 foot pounds of instant torque. But everyone is different. I test drove a base version and then ordered the GT.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Everyone who bought the GTPE- “it’s totally worth it!”

Everyone who bought a different model- “GTPE isn’t worth the $$.”

Since everyone here had the option to buy either one……. And made their own decision to buy the model they did. Would you expect any different responses?

Might as well ask a similar question on the ICE Mustang forums to see if the GT is worth it over the ecoboost. Expect identical survey responses.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I test drove a GT bc I have always had fast ICE cars......I knew if I didn't like the GT, no way I would buy a GTPE.......I was sold after a few minutes of driving but felt the 5 -second drop-off right away as well.....
Long story short, I bought the GTPE for the Magneride, wheels, seats.......I figure if I didn't, I would regret it.....

My mentality is Go Big or Go Home......

My 2 cents
Sponsored