Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wanted to use my Ford Pass points so I opted to take the car to the dealer for the first service.

I refuse to return to my purchase dealer because of my purchase experience. My goal is to never give that dealer anymore money.

There is a different dealer that is across the street from my office so I made an appointment.

I arrived and was greeted by the service writer. I handed her the keys as she needed to scan the VIN and get the mileage.

She had no idea how to open the door. Strike one.

She insisted I needed more than a tire rotation and multipoint inspection. Strike two.

It was not until another service writer came over to explain that there was no oil to change that she completed checking the car in for service.

The service departments don’t appear to be ready to service the cars Ford sells.
There isn't any service to perform except tire rotation. The inspect part is a joke. When my tech rotated my tires for $15 I asked him to check for anything out of the ordinary. His aok was worth a $10 tip. Never go into a dealer for anything except warranted repairs. Find a service tech garage in your area that can rotate tires and inspect under carriage, reviews are important so check them out on google.
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
@methorian
Aside from them letting me know their markup on EVs (+20k for a lightning pro 🤣)! My last service and tire install went really well. They took their time, but I ended up with my second key fob, a new set of tires, and the inspection completed. Magic City is starting to turn me back into a believer that Ford dealers can do a good job with servicing EVs.

Side note - Ford has a pretty solid rebate on tires if you buy 4 right now. Ended up being $150 worth of FordPass rewards points for the 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4’s I got. Tire rack is a $120 rebate right now for the same.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
@methorian
Aside from them letting me know their markup on EVs (+20k for a lightning pro 🤣)! My last service and tire install went really well. They took their time, but I ended up with my second key fob, a new set of tires, and the inspection completed. Magic City is starting to turn me back into a believer that Ford dealers can do a good job with servicing EVs.

Side note - Ford has a pretty solid rebate on tires if you buy 4 right now. Ended up being $150 worth of FordPass rewards points for the 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4’s I got. Tire rack is a $120 rebate right now for the same.
Glad to hear it went well, and yea, they've had insane mark-ups on the Mach-E/Lightning since the beginning (only for those on the lot, customer orders are MSRP). Pretty sure I saw where Duncan sold a Lightning off the lot at MSRP the other week!

Geesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I do my tires at Discount Tire (which is America's Tire). I will go to my dealer for the inspection, because they are supposed to inspect components in the frunk area, look for leaks, low fluids, etc. Few customers are qualified to do that. I will of course make sure it's an EV certified mechanic.

Yes, there must be ACTIVITY or the points expire. What's activity? A deposit of points, or a withdrawal of points. Prior to the points being recast as FordPass points, mine were expiring. I bought a bolt and a washer for $1.04 plus tax, and got another year. And, before my remaining points expired, I used them to buy my 2022. My dealer didn't deduct them (except on the invoice), so I have nearly $19 in unused points, plus the 22,000 I got for buying the 2022, and I have until mid-May 2023 to have some activity, which should be the 10,000 mile inspection. Or, if I have to have service on my 2013 F-150, I'll use them then.
Stupid question, I have zero points.. shouldn't I have at least the purchase points? If so, did you all have to do something?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Stupid question, I have zero points.. shouldn't I have at least the purchase points? If so, did you all have to do something?
At the time of purchase, your dealership should have acquired from you the email address associated with your FordPass accounts. Points show up within a few days. 22,000, plus the 250kWh of free EA charging.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
I get the same feeling at my dealer. I am about 1k away from the first service. This could be why Ford is dividing the company into ICE & EV?

am142j

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
I wanted to use my Ford Pass points so I opted to take the car to the dealer for the first service.

I refuse to return to my purchase dealer because of my purchase experience. My goal is to never give that dealer anymore money.

There is a different dealer that is across the street from my office so I made an appointment.

I arrived and was greeted by the service writer. I handed her the keys as she needed to scan the VIN and get the mileage.

She insisted I needed more than a tire rotation and multipoint inspection. Strike two.

It was not until another service writer came over to explain that there was no oil to change that she completed checking the car in for service.

The service departments don’t appear to be ready to service the cars Ford sells.
How much is the service supposed to be?

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

Too many letters. Just get to the point, how much did they charge for the oil change?

OP
OP
kdonnel

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
How much is the service supposed to be?
It varies by dealership.

This particular dealership charged $30.92 or 6184 Ford Pass points. I believe I have read posts on this board saying the same service was $14 or 2800 points.

spgordon57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
In recent decades scheduled maintenance on cars has gradually improved - even for gas cars - so that the amount of work needed by modern cars is a fraction of what used to be necessary. Given that, OEMs and their dealers had to get creative to define what scheduled maintenance includes. Over time and after a lot of wasted money I learned that scheduled maintenance sessions involving tasks that start with “Inspect” is largely invented make-work, intended to keep their money train on track. Ford recommends scheduled maintenance every 10k miles for the MME and other than rotating tires, every task starts with “Inspect”. It’s up to each owner but as for me, taking any car to a dealer for any reason is a last resort when there are no options so I’ll save my money at 10k and try to find a trusted local garage for 20k. by next year many independent garages should be familiar with EVs. After all you don’t need a master mechanic to inspect door hinges, brake pads and suspension.
Sponsored