Didn't receive BlueCruise OTA update yet (18 month) to date!!

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I hate when people blame the OP on this. The letter from ford clearly started you only should go to the dealer if you didn’t want to wait, but that it would be pushed out OTA in the coming weeks.
Also there were so many horror stories about dealers who didn’t know what they were doing and making things worse, I don’t blame OP for waiting. I’m wondering if rollout got paused for some updated software if OP is still getting some other OTA updates.
Fair... though if you're upset enough about it to complain in the forums, you have other mechanisms in your control to take action...
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Fair... though if you're upset enough about it to complain in the forums, you have other mechanisms in your control to take action...
Ah yeah, investing a bunch of money into an FDRS setup. Totally reasonable thing for a person to do when they were promised something was coming.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Ah yeah, investing a bunch of money into an FDRS setup. Totally reasonable thing for a person to do when they were promised something was coming.
I never said that. I said go to a dealer :)

the procedure is well understood by most dealers now… early on, yeah, a zoo.

not trying to start an issue here… just saying there’s multiple tools at your disposal

likescookies

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2004 Camry
Country flag

not trying to start an issue here… just saying there’s multiple tools at your disposal
I thought I was doing everything correctly--in early September I set up an appointment for late September with my dealer, figuring that if the OTA came before then, I could cancel the appointment. When I got to the dealer, they told me that in their experience it can take "weeks" for them to get it to install correctly and once they start they can't abort the install. At that point alarms went off in my head that they didn't know what they were doing, so I told them not to bother.

By that point, it was too late to get an appointment at another dealer. So, I'm out of luck, possibly for all OTAs since the dealer said OTAs are up to Ford and Ford agrees that no OTAs are pending for my car even though the last one was more than six months ago (they said that getting a dealer to install BlueCruise might cause OTAs to start again, but of course that's not an option since the Sept deadline passed...).

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

Lol I think you overestimate how much dealers know still

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i also agree it's strange they put an expiration on this. it's a feature they told me would come to my car, with multiple deadlines they set and missed. what's the point of closing out the only other solution?

and then they never even told me there was a deadline -shrug- i'm pretty upset by it, i don't mind BC didn't come through OTA but i think it's really poor customer experience to fail at OTA and then do this

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I got BC via OTA’s but my dealer visits have all been good so far. First time was for 2nd FOB programming, second was for CSP updates and tire rotation and last was for SVS alarm. I am still hesitant to take it in for the glass recalls!!

OP
OP

arafeeq

First Name
Rafeeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
no offense, but i'm sorta confused.... why did you wait so long to go to a dealer?
Ofc I did contact the dealer whom I purchased from and set up multiple appointments to appy OTA updates. They've dropped the ball on this one in the last 6 months claiming it fails on every attempt. Other dealers in an around my town have their customer needs to fulfil and wouldn't schedule me atleast for the next 4 months. So effectlvely, it has been a dead end.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Not only sw screwups, but body damage happens too (as in my case.) Part of the early adopter club without BC- although the dealer had multiple service visits to get it going in my case.

I hate when people blame the OP on this. The letter from ford clearly started you only should go to the dealer if you didn’t want to wait, but that it would be pushed out OTA in the coming weeks.
Also there were so many horror stories about dealers who didn’t know what they were doing and making things worse, I don’t blame OP for waiting. I’m wondering if rollout got paused for some updated software if OP is still getting some other OTA updates.

OP
OP

arafeeq

First Name
Rafeeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
this is just me seeking the pulse - on how many on the same boat. Other avenues within or outside my control have completely been tried and exhausted. And perhaps I might learn just another way to move the needle.
Sponsored