Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I've been in contact with StrucknDesign.com, and they've agreed to add my GT grille design (as pictured in the photo mockup) to their many styles!

However, since I don't yet have my Mach-E (it just arrived in KC 11/1), I need the dimensions that I've outlined in the smaller image included here. Can someone lucky enough to have their car provide me with the measurements?

StrucknDesign indicated they print the vinyl to 45" x 14," but I want a more accurate measurement from the car so I can insure the pattern will fall as I intend it to.

Thanks!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dimensions for new GT-style vinyl grille 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-front
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dimensions for new GT-style vinyl grille measurements

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The dims you show are 10 x 36. I haven't installed mine yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dimensions for new GT-style vinyl grille Grill rough 2

ricojm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Nice, looking forward to seeing it in their store Bob….

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’ve finalized the scaling and shading of the GT grille design and sent it off to StrucknDesign.com. I will update the forum when it becomes available if others are interested.

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
I’ve finalized the scaling and shading of the GT grille design and sent it off to StrucknDesign.com. I will update the forum when it becomes available if others are interested.
You are a saint. The grill is one of the few things I would change with the non GT models…along with the tires/rims and (apparently) the suspension.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You are a saint. The grill is one of the few things I would change with the non GT models…along with the tires/rims and (apparently) the suspension.
I vacillated on wanting to add a vinyl grille, but only because I couldn’t find anyone selling one that more closely mimicked the GT grille.

Truth be told, my first 3 or 4 attempts to render one that looked like the GT photos I’ve seen failed miserably (I’ve yet to see a GT in person).

But I’m satisfied with my final design, and it contains multiple overlay layers that will enable StrucknDesign to ‘dial-in’ the darkness of the print. I did this because every printer handles color densities differently, so it will be up to them to make any needed adjustments after they’ve made a test print.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dimensions for new GT-style vinyl grille GT-grille-instructions

Last edited:
OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am interested, how hard is it to install something like that?
I've never tried installing vinyl on a car, although I have on a computer case. Even though it was a small project, my experience with vinyl on a small scale was such that I won't be installing my grille wrap—I'll be seeking out a pro to do it, as I want it done correctly and without creases!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I've never tried installing vinyl on a car, although I have on a computer case. Even though it was a small project, my experience with vinyl on a small scale was such that I won't be installing my grille wrap—I'll be seeking out a pro to do it, as I want it done correctly and without creases!
I just watched someone do a grille on YouTube. Looks like a tedious process so I would agree with you on seeking out a pro to do it!!

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I worked with a local vinyl graphics company to imitate the GT grill design. My guy had to work a lot with the various pigments to get it to look right in the natural light. Photos of the installation process and closeups of the final product (I'm very pleased) are in this discussion - my pics are on page 3, entry #37. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/grille-vinyl-wrapped-before-after.8626/page-3 BTW - my guy charged $100 for the graphic and $150 (took about 3 hours) to install ( he cutout by hand).You can contact him at the listed website and order. It's very thick and 3D.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I worked with a local vinyl graphics company to imitate the GT grill design. My guy had to work a lot with the various pigments to get it to look right in the natural light. Photos of the installation process and closeups of the final product (I'm very pleased) are in this discussion - my pics are on page 3, entry #37. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/grille-vinyl-wrapped-before-after.8626/page-3 BTW - my guy charged $100 for the graphic and $150 (took about 3 hours) to install ( he cutout by hand).You can contact him at the listed website and order. It's very thick and 3D.
Looks great!

I tried to simulate the pattern on the upper part of the GT’s grille, as it’s different from the bottom. Here’s a closer look.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dimensions for new GT-style vinyl grille 548E2538-CB37-48FB-9AB9-E0D12FE9103E

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Nicely done! He also had to deal with the same issues as you. We probably went through 3 or 4 versions before I felt good about it. Be sure and take it out both in the sun and on cloudy days. My hat's off to you. It takes a lot of talent to pull it off.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Nicely done! He also had to deal with the same issues as you. We probably went through 3 or 4 versions before I felt good about it. Be sure and take it out both in the sun and on cloudy days. My hat's off to you. It takes a lot of talent to pull it off.
Thanks…it took several attempts before I was satisfied. I spent a lot of time searching and studying GT grille photos!

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For those who are interested, I just heard from StrucknDesign that they are adding my grille design later today! (Photoshopped composite example image below).

For reference, the design will include my name (Bob Olson). I'll post here once I see it's live :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dimensions for new GT-style vinyl grille premium-w-grille
Sponsored