mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I like that I can walk away from the car and it will auto-lock. But I don't like the car horn honking as it's really loud and annoying in a quiet neighborhood. I haven't been able to find the setting; does anyone know how to turn this off?
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks!! I must've missed this in the manual :(
Ahhhhh, found it. I turned "Audible Feedback" off under Locks, but it's actually hidden under a second submenu AFTER you open the "Walk Away Lock" submenu. They sure know how to hide these settings...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I turned it off in the settings and it still honks when it locks. There's another setting for "visual feedback" that flicks the lights, too. I have that on right now; I'm going to turn that off too and see if that stops the honking in case the programmer got the settings transposed.

OP
OP

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I turned it off in the settings and it still honks when it locks. There's another setting for "visual feedback" that flicks the lights, too. I have that on right now; I'm going to turn that off too and see if that stops the honking in case the programmer got the settings transposed.
Check to see if it's the one nested in the Walk Away Lock.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable honk on auto-lock BCB0CDFF-84A2-4A65-9F9F-8420BAF40553

It's the one in the middle of the photo, not the one toward the bottom. It's really confusing. They should've emphasized the separation of the submenu a little bit better.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Check to see if it's the one nested in the Walk Away Lock.

BCB0CDFF-84A2-4A65-9F9F-8420BAF40553.jpeg

It's the one in the middle of the photo, not the one toward the bottom. It's really confusing. They should've emphasized the separation of the submenu a little bit better.
<Slaps forehead> DOH!

I'll have to check that, but I think I disabled that too. Maybe.

Reactions: UW2

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Related question on locking, how do we manually lock the doors? Other cars have a button on the handle you can push to lock. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how do do it on the MME. Wave/Touch the lock symbol above the button. No. Touch the button. No. Say "Okay Ford, Lock my #$y$&^% CAR!!!" NO

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Related question on locking, how do we manually lock the doors? Other cars have a button on the handle you can push to lock. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how do do it on the MME. Wave/Touch the lock symbol above the button. No. Touch the button. No. Say "Okay Ford, Lock my #$y$&^% CAR!!!" NO
If it is like my 2019 Ford Escape, press the two bottom numbers on the key pad on the driver side pillar at the same time. That should lock it.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Did you turn it off under all profiles?
No profiles set yet. Was just playing the the 'settings'. Only got the MME last night.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
I pressed/touched the lock icon/relief just above the button to open the door and it locked itself? Not yours?
You mean from the inside or outside of the car?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have both disabled but still honks. Annoyingly loud in the garage.
I managed to get the honk turned off completely. I thought I just followed the steps above but not sure.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Touch and hold the lock icon (above the open circle button) for a second or so. This works on both driver side and passenger side. But it may require key to be in proximity.

Alternatively, touch and hold 7•8 and 9•0 simultaneously for a second or so. This is what I do.
Sponsored