Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the key-fob-initiated Panic Alarm (without hacking the fob)? It periodically gets activated while in my pocket and it's a feature I can't ever imagine using intentionally, so I'd just as soon disable it entirely. That said, I'd rather not hack the fob. I've not found anything in the owners manual (yes, I RTFM), but might there perhaps be a module bit that can be toggled using FORScan? I'm reluctant to just experiment and I really wouldn't know where to even look. (I have done a few simple mods using FORScan.)

I know I could just forego the fob and use PAAK (and I still might), but given the various PAAK challenges mentioned on this forum (and a bit that I've experienced myself), I'm not totally confident to go fob-commando. 😆
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the key-fob-initiated Panic Alarm (without hacking the fob)? It periodically gets activated while in my pocket and it's a feature I can't ever imagine using intentionally, so I'd just as soon disable it entirely. That said, I'd rather not hack the fob. I've not found anything in the owners manual (yes, I RTFM), but might there perhaps be a module bit that can be toggled using FORScan? I'm reluctant to just experiment and I really wouldn't know where to even look. (I have done a few simple mods using FORScan.)

I know I could just forego the fob and use PAAK (and I still might), but given the various PAAK challenges mentioned on this forum (and a bit that I've experienced myself), I'm not totally confident to go fob-commando. 😆
I believe @dbsb3233 did this. Search for his threads and you might find it.

OP
OP
JohnFoxeSheets

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I believe @dbsb3233 did this. Search for his threads and you might find it.
Thanks guys. I was hoping to do it without hacking the fob, though simply removing the button cover isn't too bad... I'd still love to find a FORScan method!

All that said, maybe I'll just try not carrying the fob for awhile and see if I get PAAK-stranded anywhere...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks guys. I was hoping to do it without hacking the fob, though simply removing the button cover isn't too bad... I'd still love to find a FORScan method!

All that said, maybe I'll just try not carrying the fob for awhile and see if I get PAAK-stranded anywhere...
I don't think very many have been stranded (although there have been a few cases...)
Usually you just get a LOT of practice pulling your phone out of your pocket to unlock the screen, entering your door pillar code and backup start code. One or a combination of those things should get you going down the road. 👍

OP
OP
JohnFoxeSheets

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don't think very many have been stranded (although there have been a few cases...)
Well, for some reason I do tend to bring out the worst in technology...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Put your fob in a faraday bag and stash it the car, though not anywhere obvious like the center console or glove box. That way you’ll hVe it should PAAK flake out.

OP
OP
JohnFoxeSheets

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Thanks
Put your fob in a faraday bag and stash it the car, though not anywhere obvious like the center console or glove box. That way you’ll have it should PAAK flake out.
Thanks. I recall reading someone (maybe you?) having made that suggestion elsewhere in this forum.

By the way, I grew up on the Big Island (Hamakua side). I take it you're up in Kamuela?

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
For MY23, not positive about 21/22.

PanicActivate_Cfg (PAC)
726-22-01*xxx--0 =PAC DISABLE2 =PAC PULSE
1 =PAC DOUBLE

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag

PanicActivate_Cfg (PAC)
1 =PAC DOUBLE
I'll go out and try this on my '22 tomorrow. I cannot stand the panic button. I've physically removed the button in remotes on other cars I have owned.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

PanicActivate_Cfg (PAC)
1 =PAC DOUBLE
This works the same for a '21

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Usually you just get a LOT of practice pulling your phone out of your pocket to unlock the screen, entering your door pillar code and backup start code.
FWIW, I have not had to do any of those things in months now. Phone key has worked every time. But mileage certainly does vary. I agree with keeping a real key in the car, but find it better to just remove the key battery, rather than using a faraday bag.
Sponsored