Disable PaaK when at home?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Can I disable PaaK when my car is parked in my garage? I'm a little concerned about frequent wake up of the vehicle whenever I walk to the room on the other side of the attached garage wall.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good question! My dining room shares a wall with our carport and has a window into it. I've noticed the lights come on in the Mach E.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Can I disable PaaK when my car is parked in my garage? I'm a little concerned about frequent wake up of the vehicle whenever I walk to the room on the other side of the attached garage wall.
Turn off bluetooth on your phone?
Would that work?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Interesting. I haven't even thought about that. My kitchen is right above the garage. I wonder if the car would get activated when I walk into the kitchen?!

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Can you unpaired specific devices while leaving others connected?
Hmm... Looks like I can only tell it to "Forget" a device which I wouldn't want to do.

This might be why some people say PaaK isn't always responsive. Maybe after a few times waking the car up without entering it, the car ignores PaaK until you get really close or push the door button, etc.

I noticed this behavior when I had the test car. I went to take out the trash. As I looked at the garage door, I noticed a faint red glow. I went back in the house and peeked in the garage. Sure enough the Mach-E was on.

But then later that evening, when I went back out to the car, it took awhile for it to recognize me.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
That would be a nice feature. Itā€™s in some ways no different that hiding the key fob in a faraday cage or in a farther away place to keep it from draining battery by communicating with car frequently

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
This would be a great OTA feature to add along with fixing whatever is wrong it it in the first place ... just a slider or something in the app.

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
I'd also love to see this in an OTA. No need for the car to be locked in my garage, and I had to turn off the car horn when the car locks behind me because it kept scaring my dog whenever I left the garage and the car parked.

OP
OP
RyZt

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I'd also love to see this in an OTA. No need for the car to be locked in my garage, and I had to turn off the car horn when the car locks behind me because it kept scaring my dog whenever I left the garage and the car parked.
You can manually lock the car by holding 7ā€¢8 and 9ā€¢0 on the driver door at the same time. This way, the car won't need to auto lock after you walk away. Of course, you could also turn off the horn for walk away lock, as you did.

OP
OP
RyZt

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
This would be a great OTA feature to add along with fixing whatever is wrong it it in the first place ... just a slider or something in the app.
I'd prefer holding the driver door keypad a certain way when I leave the car. A pop up option in the media screen when I turn off the car would also be OK. Location based is also fine. Once off, it can be turned back on by pressing the door open button. I'm fine waiting a few second for the connection to establish.

I don't like toggle in the app or in the car menu. That's too much work for me.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I donā€™t think I would like that behavior to disable Paak at home. How would it know when Iā€™m walking up to the car in the garage to use the phone as a key?

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
Interested to see where all this leads.
my TV room shares a wall with my garage so Iā€™m physically about 4ā€˜ from where the front door of my eventually arriving MachE will be parked. Obviously I frequently have my phone in my pocket, and Iā€™d prefer the car not continually be unlocking.
I do love the idea of a slider on the app to disable. Lets all hope we can somehow get proper word to Ford once more of these early adopter things pop up and we can ask for ā€fixesā€ OTA.
Seems I recall reading a thread a month or so ago that someone from the Ford tech team chimed in on, but Iā€™ve seen nor heard nothing from them since. Maybe Iā€™m hallucinating that thought....Iā€™m bleary eyed from reading all the horror posts on the drained 12v batteries ?.
Sponsored