TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hate fob panic buttons. They're always going off when I bend over when other keys in my pocket hit them. So I usually crack them open and disable them. Just did so on the Mach-E fob.

First take the top of the fob off (press the release button and pull).

Then pry the cover with the buttons off with a tiny screwdriver. It just pops off.

Then maneuver the panic button out of it's slot. Just tilt it a little and it slides out with slight pressure.

Then use a file to file down flat the center area of the red ledge. That's what pushes down on the internal button of the fob. Doesn't need to look good since it's the underside.

Then just reverse the steps to put it back together. Everything snaps back in place.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disabling fob panic button 20210728_132426
Ford Mustang Mach-E Disabling fob panic button 20210728_132331

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disabling fob panic button 20210728_132946

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One other option... if you don't really care how it looks, you can just leave that panic button cover piece out altogether rather than filing down the center of it. It'll leave the internal fob button exposed and available if you really want it, but without the top cover over it, it's a lot less likely to get accidentally pushed.

It's just not as pretty, since it leaves a hole there and you'll see the rubberized cover underneath instead.
Sponsored