Disagreement between the Ford App and the car on OTA update availability

sunkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD ext. range
Country flag
My Ford App has been telling me since December that the 3.6.1 update has been scheduled. My car, however, thinks it is up-to-date (I am not sure how to check which version it is on). I have automatic updates configured (daily @ 1:00 am) and I have connected my car to my home WiFi.

What am I missing?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunkid

sunkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, so today I checked the car again for updates before getting on my way to work. All up to date, it said. Not even 5 minutes on the road later, the ā€upload ready to installā€ icon showed up and when I got to work, I was able to have it install 3.6.1.

After waiting for months and finally posting here only for it to happen the next day canā€™t possibly be a coincidence (of course it can, but I donā€™t believe it is). So thank you, Ford employees monitoring these forums and making things happen (I actually know from first-hand experience that they do!). You are very much appreciated!!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
OK, so today I checked the car again for updates before getting on my way to work. All up to date, it said. Not even 5 minutes on the road later, the ā€upload ready to installā€ icon showed up and when I got to work, I was able to have it install 3.6.1.

After waiting for months and finally posting here only for it to happen the next day canā€™t possibly be a coincidence (of course it can, but I donā€™t believe it is). So thank you, Ford employees monitoring these forums and making things happen (I actually know from first-hand experience that they do!). You are very much appreciated!!
Itā€™s a happy coincidence. Ford doesnā€™t know who you are and definitely are not that responsive.

OP
OP
sunkid

sunkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Itā€™s a happy coincidence. Ford doesnā€™t know who you are and definitely are not that responsive.
They have my VIN so they definitely know who I am. And it has happened to me before, only that time we communicated directly first.
Sponsored