NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Had to get the fender replaced after it got whacked by a lawnmower.

Original thread here - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-vs-lawnmower.20097/

I know people like seeing the gory details, so I’m posting some disassembled pics from when they were working on it. I’m picking it up tomorrow, after taking a weekend road trip in our ICE vehicle. Bah!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disassembled Pics: Fender and Front End / Bumper AC2EE0DD-B645-4E85-BBAB-B1BBF1E8D7AF

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disassembled Pics: Fender and Front End / Bumper 4E087466-4908-48B4-B457-EA1976A20823

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disassembled Pics: Fender and Front End / Bumper 05ED1798-BC42-4A9A-B89C-B3985C4E9783

Last edited:

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Thanks for sharing!

As a first responder, those orange wires by the A post and door made me super nervous… then I realized that’s the charger that dropped…. Now I feel much better lol

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Had to get the quarter panel replaced after it got whacked by a lawnmower.

Original thread here - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-vs-lawnmower.20097/

I know people like seeing the gory details, so I’m posting some disassembled pics from when they were working on it. I’m picking it up tomorrow, after taking a weekend road trip in our ICE vehicle. Bah!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Disassembled Pics: Fender and Front End / Bumper 05ED1798-BC42-4A9A-B89C-B3985C4E9783

Good view. You can see the beefy front crash structure, front adaptive cruise radar, the front corner radar, the ridiculously tall washer fluid reservoir, the horns, and obviously the charge port cables.

As a first responder, those orange wires by the A post and door made me super nervous… then I realized that’s the charger that dropped…. Now I feel much better lol
Don't worry, those are only live when the car is charging. They wouldn't be live after an accident unless something very exceptional happened (one in a million stuff). They are fused as well. Avoid the cables if you can, but if you have to cut them to get somebody out, I'd go for it. Normally they will be further forward out of the way when the door is installed.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Cool pics!
Might want to correct the title of this thread. The quarter panel is at the back. This car has the LH fender and nose removed.
Still some interesting shots though....

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Don't worry, those are only live when the car is charging. They wouldn't be live after an accident unless something very exceptional happened (one in a million stuff). They are fused as well. Avoid the cables if you can, but if you have to cut them to get somebody out, I'd go for it. Normally they will be further forward out of the way when the door is installed.
yep- done a number of courses and have been teaching others…. But even with my knowlege of how the circuits work and the fail safes…still can’t help but take a deep breath if those have to be cut :)

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Cool pics!
Might want to correct the title of this thread. The quarter panel is at the back. This car has the LH fender and nose removed.
Still some interesting shots though....
I'm not sure what you're talking about. That's clearly what it says. ;)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thanks for sharing!

as a first responder, I would go to your local Ford Dealer, and your Fire Dept. chief, and encourage them to call in all their local MME customers to do the LVB and HV disconnect access hole mod so that responders know how to disconnect the HVB before cutting into anything, or towing to a salvage yard!

I stopped by my local Fire Dept last month, and the Chief had NO idea of the risk, or proper procedure in responding to a PHEV or BEV crash.

I think this should be an official Recall for safety, and a bulletin on 'cut loop location' should be circulated to all Responders and Tow-truck businesses as well as be added as a general requirement for all PHEV and BEV manufactures by NHTSA.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...n-points-hv-disconnect-relay-for-safety.4107/

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
as a first responder, I would go to your local Ford Dealer, and your Fire Dept. chief, and encourage them to call in all their local MME customers to do the LVB and HV disconnect access hole mod so that responders know how to disconnect the HVB before cutting into anything, or towing to a salvage yard!

I stopped by my local Fire Dept last month, and the Chief had NO idea of the risk, or proper procedure in responding to a PHEV or BEV crash.

I think this should be an official Recall for safety, and a bulletin on 'cut loop location' should be circulated to all Responders and Tow-truck businesses as well as be added as a general requirement for all PHEV and BEV manufactures by NHTSA.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...n-points-hv-disconnect-relay-for-safety.4107/
<Soap Box Warning>
Yeah... I've gone through certifications on this. As an industry, we're still way behind on understanding risks.

There was recently a tesla fire in town, and it was all over news about "how much water it took" to put out the fire... except when you look at videos, it doesn't look like the fire was being fought properly based on Tesla and EV general firefighting guidance...

All the EV vendors by law actually have emergency services web sites... the issue is just getting folks to remember to look at these when they roll up to something.

Here's the mach E doc from ford: https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/dam/aem_fleet/en_us/fleet/showroom/resources/2021_Mach-E_ERG.pdf

Tesla has a nice landing site: https://www.tesla.com/firstresponders

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This manual AND the 'Tow Mode' instructions ****should**** be on paper, in the glove compartments of every vehicle!

Not just online.
tow guide...totally

to be honest... eh.... I've never gone into a glove box for a car... especially if it's on fire :)

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Was it difficult to remove the front fender? I’m thinking of installing a grill in front of the cooler to protect it front rocks/bugs.

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
When I see a picture like this it makes me think what an amazing piece of electrical genius Im driving. Thanks !

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
These pictures are very useful for my project plans of "How to install a front bumper-based tow eyelet threaded nut fixture". Much appreciate - have studied these pix in detail and they gave me a solution for the installation (TBC).
Sponsored