Discount off retail for the Mach E

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Maybe @hybrid2bev can clarify, but my understanding is that if a dealer decides that they're participating in the A/Z/X program, then they're under obligation to accept A/Z/X pricing. I didn't think Plan dealers could pick and choose which customers or cars they'll honor the Plan pricing for.
I don’t believe that is true. They can chose to accept on their terms. A few dealers I spoke to do accept X plan, but they said only on vehicles on the lot. The dealer I bought from is accepting it on Mach E but not on Bronco.
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I don’t believe that is true. They can chose to accept on their terms. A few dealers I spoke to do accept X plan, but they said only on vehicles on the lot. The dealer I bought from is accepting it on Mach E but not on Bronco.
Ford may not be accepting it on Bronco.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Bronco A,Z,X plan has not been announced yet. only on bronco sport and it does accept. Have to wait to see what the plans will be for the Bronco.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
For non-mach e cars, I believe the x-plan details specify that it only applies to dealer stock. I ran into this problem when i wanted to order my '06 mustang. Not a single dealer in my state would offer x-plan pricing for an order, as they were not required to. I had to go to a much larger dealer in an adjacent state. They "honored" the x-plan price even though they were not required to.

Note that this was 15 years ago now, so may very well have changed. The x-plan for mach e is a bit different because of the online ordering and msrp = invoice. So it may have some unique rules compared to the normal x-plan.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For non-mach e cars, I believe the x-plan details specify that it only applies to dealer stock. I ran into this problem when i wanted to order my '06 mustang. Not a single dealer in my state would offer x-plan pricing for an order, as they were not required to. I had to go to a much larger dealer in an adjacent state. They "honored" the x-plan price even though they were not required to.

Note that this was 15 years ago now, so may very well have changed. The x-plan for mach e is a bit different because of the online ordering and msrp = invoice. So it may have some unique rules compared to the normal x-plan.
That may have been a vehicle specific limitation.

I custom ordered a vehicle in 2006 and used D-plan with no issues.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
That may have been a vehicle specific limitation.

I custom ordered a vehicle in 2006 and used D-plan with no issues.
Thanks. Looking at the current rules, it specifically states that order from production is qualified but that dealer inventory is optional (up to dealer). You must be right. At the time, the retro mustang was pretty popular and maybe exempted in some way.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Dealers are not required to participate in Xplan. If they do participate, they cannot pick and choose which models to honor X-plan pricing on. It's all or nothing.
So if they are already doing it on other models, they must also do it on Mach E. Did I get that right?

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
So if they are already doing it on other models, they must also do it on Mach E. Did I get that right?

Call around, you will find a dealer near you that will accept it. Most I called are accepting it on the Mach E orders, these orders are not counting against their allocations, so if they get the feeling you will go elsewhere they may change their tune.

My understanding is that they can decide which vehicles to accept it on, but I may be wrong.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone who has an order coming now been told that there is no discount off retail? A colleague of mine who was the GM for a Ford store told me that Ford is making the invoice and MSRP the same so dealers wont be incentivized to discount the car? X Plan apparently won't give you anything off?
This kind of makes more sense. My dealer said that he would not be participating in any rebate programs, (state or otherwise), that would require them to hold off on getting the price of the. car since they would only make around $1500 per car.

Razorbak86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150GS, Lexus RX-450h
Country flag
Bronco A,Z,X plan has not been announced yet. only on bronco sport and it does accept. Have to wait to see what the plans will be for the Bronco.
Ford announced that the Bronco 2dr/4dr models would NOT be eligible for X-Plan and X-Plan Partner effective October 5, 2020, due to unprecedented demand and limited supply.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Discount off retail for the Mach E 860BD83C-139C-417D-8E29-F2EB54EDCBAD
Ford Mustang Mach-E Discount off retail for the Mach E 221C3125-3078-43DD-970B-95F26FFA5351

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
This kind of makes more sense. My dealer said that he would not be participating in any rebate programs, (state or otherwise), that would require them to hold off on getting the price of the. car since they would only make around $1500 per car.
SoCal or NorCal ? Walnut creek Ford accepts. Need to see if they honor on the day of receiving vehicle

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
I feel like the dealer making any margin on this is free money for them. At least in my case, the dealer i went with was closest to my house. They didn't have to invest any time into my sale and the car will be parked in their lot for maybe 24 hours before I take it off their hands. They will also be first in line for my regular maintenance. It would be really crappy if they try and strong-arm us by making the sale terms less than ideal knowing that none of us want to reorder from another dealer.
Sponsored