Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Has anyone tried to get or received a discount?? This is the most ridiculous thing that I’ve ever taken part in. My dealer told me 12-14 weeks tops to take delivery. That was when I ordered it March 16, 2021… now I’m hearing they're delaying another 6 weeks? That’s great news when your dealer can’t tell you where it is or what’s happening. A little more free charging is a terrible compensation for what’s going on. My 2021 car might not get here until 2022. Maybe we are being too easy on Ford. I feel like there should be actual discounts or get the cars here! Please let me know if anyone has heard or tried themselves!
You’re absolutely right. Cancel and order a model S
https://electrek.co/2021/08/10/tesla-apologizes-new-model-s-delays-worrying-things/
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Well, storytime. We purchased a very nice, aka top-of-the-line microwave the wife wanted. 780 dollars for this thing. I was like does it cure cancer because the one I had back when I was young and single was like 50 dollars.

Anyways here we are 1 year and 2 months later. It breaks goes out. But we have an extended warranty. so I call and they send someone out and yes I need a whole new one. The call and in weeks I get the check. I go to buy the same one because again that's what the wife wants. Happy wife happy life cough cough.

But when I go to purchase it..........wow it's now 925 dollars. Like wtf, I called and they said it's a supply and demand issue with covid and they won't make up the difference. The store manager did now 50 dollars off and they installed it for free. But it took almost 2 months for it to come in.

The same goes for computer parts. Covid Covid Covid. If you want a discount I like seafood dinner and foot rubs. Maybe I can find a _-____ for you somewhere. Also, flowers are nice don't tell the wife.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
When I bought my Truck I got $8K off the MSRP and then a couple months later they were selling for $10K discounts!! I guess it just comes down to supply and demand!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well, storytime. We purchased a very nice, aka top-of-the-line microwave the wife wanted. 780 dollars for this thing. I was like does it cure cancer because the one I had back when I was young and single was like 50 dollars.

Anyways here we are 1 year and 2 months later. It breaks goes out. But we have an extended warranty. so I call and they send someone out and yes I need a whole new one. The call and in weeks I get the check. I go to buy the same one because again that's what the wife wants. Happy wife happy life cough cough.

But when I go to purchase it..........wow it's now 925 dollars. Like wtf, I called and they said it's a supply and demand issue with covid and they won't make up the difference. The store manager did now 50 dollars off and they installed it for free. But it took almost 2 months for it to come in.

The same goes for computer parts. Covid Covid Covid. If you want a discount I like seafood dinner and foot rubs. Maybe I can find a _-____ for you somewhere. Also, flowers are nice don't tell the wife.
I generally build a new PC gaming computer every few years or so. This was the year, and I was long overdue. Yeah, no parts. Had to order one. 8 to 12 weeks. Computer card shortage. Good thing cars don't need those. ;)
Sponsored