Discovered 2021 Mustang Mach E official page w/ pricing, models, specs, video etc.!!

Endokendal

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE Mach E, 2018 Mustang GT 6-Speed
Country flag
The link no longer works. Guess the found out it had been outed.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Looks really good I think the Mach E will sell really well.

OP
OP

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
wow when I guessed a url and it worked it was just a load of text and still was when I posted the link, guess they added a bit more lol, not surprised it has been taken down. Oh well not the first or last time a manufacture has made such a simple mistake as was posted earlier what sort of fool does dev on a live url.

The only mustang inspired part is the tail lights and is the worst looking part :(, if they had looked closer to those leaked cad files which appeared much fuller they would have looked much better IMO. Still at least it appears to have amber turn signals at the top of them so top marks for that ford.

Liking the interior a lot a very nice place to be, just like the polestar 2 minimalist and modern, without looking like a cost saving exercise that you get in the model 3. Looks like I am going to have to do the 5+ hour drive down to LA and visit the auto show to have a look in person maybe the tail lights will look better when look down at them from normal viewing angles. Still a least you can't see them when driving.

Odd that the GT has a late the 2021 release date hopefully that is a work in progress date, or gives ford time to fine tune the performance levels.

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Doug Demuro commented in the reddit thread. He's impressed by your cyber sleuthing, buzznwood. :p

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I really hope they can improve the numbers a bit. Unless it just blazes around corners, those numbers overall are worse than the Model Y (same 0-60 time, but 235 miles vs 280 miles with AWD). I love Ford but man, they make love difficult sometimes lol.

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Accord; ‘94 GT Mustang
Country flag
I really hope they can improve the numbers a bit. Unless it just blazes around corners, those numbers overall are worse than the Model Y (same 0-60 time, but 235 miles vs 280 miles with AWD). I love Ford but man, they make love difficult sometimes lol.
I think the numbers that will most effect the Mach-E’s success are these:

$43,895 and $36,395.

Like Tesla, Ford is using a “potential future tax savings” to almost arrive at the magic number $35k, which is even pretty high for most mortals.

That trick won’t work for Ford like it does for Tesla, though. Tesla is a luxury brand, Ford is decidedly not. The reality is, when people go shopping for the most base model Mach-E, they’re going to find that the final price is about $50k after taxes and whatever else the dealer adds. I think at that point, when you’re readying to pay $50k for a base model Ford, you’re going to start thinking about what your $50k could fetch at the higher-end brands, like Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc. and the base model Ford won’t be able to compete.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Not sure what you are talking about, I sold my BMW and went to Ford, so have many people. BMW & Mercedes have cheapened their cars over the years and the gap between them and the American manufacturers have closed.

BMW & MB don't have a Mustang either....

For me, I'd already have a deposit down with the leaked photos, but the interior photo killed the sale for me... I can't have an IN-YOUR-FACE info system. as I have enough face time with a monitor in my daily life, I don't need it in my car. If I could rip it off the dash and keep it on the seat next to me, or floor and grab it when I need to make a change... I would consider it, but as it is.... the Mach is for people who want to play video games with their car's controls, & perhaps watch movies in traffic jams...

The Mustang's interior has beautiful ergonomic and design... the Mach E is no Mustang. As such, if the GT has the same stupid monitor in the middle of the car, then I am out...!

FWIW: The new SUV's from ford are all getting massive backlash over the interior layout because of the IN YOUR FACE MONITOR...! Driving is suppose to be relaxing and engaging, not a staring at a computer video game w/fake controls. Totally cheapens the car!

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
As to the center monitor size. I read the new Sync 4 will be on screens from 8 to 15 inches in size. I wonder, if the interior shown, is the top of the line one and other trims will have smaller monitors with the ability to upgrade to larger screens and better audio systems. Ford has been doing it with all their models the last few years.

Sunday, hopefully, will answer this question.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Why have anything bigger than what the Mustang has..? It is perfect knob to buttons use & a great screen size.

ed: Why is the monitor in a vertical, instead of horizontal position..? Why does it have to sit higher than the cowling..? Horizontal gives better aesthetics and fits in better with a car's interior, as it stand it looks as if Ford just used a cell phone holder and stuck a monitor in the car, instead of actually integrating it into the IP.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Just noticed that for for the Select and California Route 1 trims, the availability is early 2021. Will see if that holds for the reveal on Sunday. The Extended Battery option will be something I am interested in knowing about.

Popeye

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Other then the clown nose, a’ la Tesla, I think overall it is better looking than I expected. It does have an aggressive stance, which is what I like. If you could swap out the clown nose for a faux grille from a 2019 Mustang then it would look killer. I’m sure there is some fancy reasoning behind it, like drag coefficient, lift, etc., but it just looks stupid to me.
Sponsored