Discovered 2021 Mustang Mach E official page w/ pricing, models, specs, video etc.!!

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 Accord; ā€˜94 GT Mustang
Country flag
The auto companies are out to make as much profit as they can and Ford is not the only one. Have you priced a Jeep for example wow talk about over priced.
Jeep prices are coming down swiftly. They overproduced.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-up-on-dealer-lots-in-risk-signal-for-detroit

https://www.motor1.com/news/345524/2018-jeep-wrangler-dealer-markdown/

But your overall point that auto prices have gotten out of control, is totally valid.

That still doesnā€™t justify automakers jacking up the prices further to pad their margins with tax dollars.

I thought Ford had the goods and could deliver the base model at $35k without using the tax incentive trick. Apparently this is just another absurdly overpriced EV that the automakers can rape consumers and taxpayers with at the same time.
Sponsored

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
I thought Ford had the goods and could deliver the base model at $35k without using the tax incentive trick. Apparently this is just another absurdly overpriced EV that the automakers can rape consumers and taxpayers with at the same time.
Unfortunately the ideal is to make highest possible profit not put everyone one in a EV.

GiddEup

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Boss 302 Acura NSX Corvette C7R
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Way to go Ford this is just the beginning for the big three finally getting on board .
More Evs being manufactured means better and more affordable vehicles coming to the market.
Maybe more new homes will built with solar etc.
Pickup trucks and suvs really need to go electric for the most part.
Exciting times a coming glad to have these great new buying choices.

Sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Aprilia Tuono, Honda Pilot
Country flag
I work for a living so Iā€™m not a big fan of the government picking winners in the market space with tax incentives that ultimately just produce price creep, like everything else the government touches.

Edit: Do you think Ford/Tesla figured the tax incentive into their pricing calculation? Of course they did; they even put the incentive on their websites next to the pricing. Much of that incentive is just gravy for the manufacturer, coming out of pockets of those whom donā€™t even get the car
Are you aware of the massive government subsidies in the Oil and Gas industries? The cost of oil supply chain defense alone far exceeds the cost of the EV development subsidy.

Rather than choosing sides, if anything the credit goes a short way towards leveling the playing field.

To mirror your edit, do you think ICE manufacturers count on gas being availble at less than 1/2 the total true cost? You bet they do!

Reactions: F91

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
One of the reasons I like BEV is the politics of oil. You ICE drivers have blood on your hands. Helping those sand people destroy our sky scrappers. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 Accord; ā€˜94 GT Mustang
Country flag
Are you aware of the massive government subsidies in the Oil and Gas industries? The cost of oil supply chain defense alone far exceeds the cost of the EV development subsidy.

Rather than choosing sides, if anything the credit goes a short way towards leveling the playing field.

To mirror your edit, do you think ICE manufacturers count on gas being availble at less than 1/2 the total true cost? You bet they do!
I donā€™t think the government should be subsidizing the gazillion dollar oil and gas industry, either.

But right now, weā€™re talking about Ford using tax incentives to price creep a base model Ford to $50k.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
The truth is all of us Americans are looking for a deal. How many of us have went to the dealership looking to buy a car and do our best to get every incentive we can to get that car under msrp. On the Mach E Ford is showing us the incentives up front to peak our interest and keep from giving us sticker shock.

Sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Aprilia Tuono, Honda Pilot
Country flag
I donā€™t think the government should be subsidizing the gazillion dollar oil and gas industry, either.

But right now, weā€™re talking about Ford using tax incentives to price creep a base model Ford to $50k.
My point is you can't only look at 1 side of the subsidy equation. Attacking EV's vs ICE based on the perception of unfair subsidies does not match reality.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Giving your money to terrorists is more expensive than subsidizing alternate vehicle manufacturing. Baby killers.

Gary Trombley

First Name
Gary T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Fusion, 2017 Escape
Occupation
IT Sales
Country flag
Great to see this offering from Ford. It's late to the E-party but if it's right, all is forgiven. From the first impressions it hits my sweetspot. E factor is huge, platform design is right, technical specs look spot on. Confidence is high that a major american automaker with years of manufacturing engineering can deliver what a much larger volume demographic is looking for. Oh and I do like the name. I don't think Mustang aficionado's should mind either. Why not leverage a premier marquee name on a completely new EV platform.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If that member is from Sweden, that 370 mile number could be their mpge system, not the United States version (there are two different measurement ratings).

fordlessgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Country flag
If that member is from Sweden, that 370 mile number could be their mpge system, not the United States version (there are two different measurement ratings).
The 370 miles range is I believe WLTP, which only has a difference of 1.12 with the American EPA. I think realistic EPA will be 330-340 miles which still is amazing

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The 370 miles range is I believe WLTP, which only has a difference of 1.12 with the American EPA. I think realistic EPA will be 330-340 miles which still is amazing
based on what Iā€™ve read for other vehicles, I believe that translates to around 300 in the US
Sponsored