Discovered 2021 Mustang Mach E official page w/ pricing, models, specs, video etc.!!

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
As always before any launch you just need to be creative or logical ;) with web address, half the time you will find a part completed web page with locked out links but other bits and you can view

https://www.ford.com/powertrains/battery-electric-vehicles/mach-e/

Scroll down to the bottom ;)
Initial thoughts:

1.) I don't see door handles (at least on the rear doors)
2.) Grabber Blue is not available on the GT model
3.) The first edition is only $600 less, despite being a good 2 seconds slower (0-60 time) EDIT: Found additional options list. It looks like a lot of the options that are standard on the First Edition are optional on the GT. I guess they did this to make the GT as cheap as possible
4.) The range estimates have fine print that states the range is quoted with an optional extended battery. That means those starting at prices are going to jump even higher.
5.) Even with the extended range battery, the GT's range takes quite a hit compared to the other trims.
6.) The Select trim will be a good starter point into the EV market for a lot of people.
7.) No options for leather or ventilated seats on any trim.

I know these things sound a bit negative, but I guess I am a tad surprised. I thought Ford was going to give Tesla a run for it's money. I think the Model Y beats on range, and matches on price and performance (at least on 0-60). However, that price advantage disappears when Ford sells another 100k EVs. The Mach E is more attractive, in my opinion though.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Guess they were right about the $60K price of the First Edition. Man, would love to get it in Grabber Blue which would match my current Mustang Ecoboost's color.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Should've kept this on the dev server for another day. Bad software engineers, bad. Lol

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Should've kept this on the dev server for another day. Bad software engineers, bad. Lol
Agreed. A placeholder page would have worked just fine but, oh, well, it's out now. Probably outsourced overseas. :rolleyes:

OP
OP

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I had a poke around guessing the web url eariler in the day and had another look when I posted the link in that time some the specs had changed, so as always I take all as a work in progress the GT had a range of 235 earlier which is a bit it rubbish but was later revised to 250, which is better but as this will be competing with the model 3 & Y it is going to need be competitive. Audi can get away with a lower range rating as compared to a tesla you actually get a premium interior and aligned panels lol.

Earlier in the day the power for the GT was if memory serves around 459bhp with 600+ lbs of torque, which isn't there anymore but with me looking to get the mach-e as the commuter that means I spent most of my time crawling along in traffic so range and comfort is more import than power and acceleration.

I tried the bolt when that came and and the seats where terrible so that ruled that out while I am not a fan of the tesla model 3 interior and besides it is also a sedan (saloon) which is a deal breaker for me as no hatch = no sale, the Model Y will gain the hatch but as it will also have the model 3 interior that is also a big no-no. At least the mach-e will have a normal dash and we have already seen what the 15.5" screen will look like with the Sync 4 information ford released a few weeks back.

At present it is between the polstar 2 & mach-e so hopefully the mach-e won't disappoint the only negatives for me so far have been the tail lights, and the e-latches I will need to see what it looks like when revealed but from the spy shots the mustang inspired tails lights look like a bit of an afterthought and if the e-latches are anything like they are on lincoln models I am not going to like those either, would have preferred a flush door handle similar to how it has been done on an aston martin & jaguar f-type still not that long to find out..

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Agreed. A placeholder page would have worked just fine but, oh, well, it's out now. Probably outsourced overseas. :rolleyes:
Probably. It's Sunday in India, right? Lol I can't joke too much, part of our company has an office in Pakistan and India.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I had a poke around guessing the web url eariler in the day and had another look when I posted the link in that time some the specs had changed, so as always I take all as a work in progress the GT had a range of 235 earlier which is a bit it rubbish but was later revised to 250, which is better but as this will be competing with the model 3 & Y it is going to need be competitive. Audi can get away with a lower range rating as compared to a tesla you actually get a premium interior and aligned panels lol.

Earlier in the day the power for the GT was if memory serves around 459bhp with 600+ lbs of torque, which isn't there anymore but with me looking to get the mach-e as the commuter that means I spent most of my time crawling along in traffic so range and comfort is more import than power and acceleration.

I tried the bolt when that came and and the seats where terrible so that ruled that out while I am not a fan of the tesla model 3 interior and besides it is also a sedan (saloon) which is a deal breaker for me as no hatch = no sale, the Model Y will gain the hatch but as it will also have the model 3 interior that is also a big no-no. At least the mach-e will have a normal dash and we have already seen what the 15.5" screen will look like with the Sync 4 information ford released a few weeks back.

At present it is between the polstar 2 & mach-e so hopefully the mach-e won't disappoint the only negatives for me so far have been the tail lights, and the e-latches I will need to see what it looks like when revealed but from the spy shots the mustang inspired tails lights look like a bit of an afterthought and if the e-latches are anything like they are on lincoln models I am not going to like those either, would have preferred a flush door handle similar to how it has been done on an aston martin & jaguar f-type still not that long to find out..
Its interesting that e-latch is referred to as a side door e-latch and not a rear door e-latch. If you look at the graphic, I see the rear door panel on the right side, but I can't make it out on the left. I wonder if this will end up being a 3 door model

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I posted it to /r/cars on reddit (with credit to buzznwood, of course):

You should probably just link to this thread now since we've got the pics and info posted here. Ford already pulled that hidden site!
Sponsored