Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
wow, you drag guys get PERSONAL.... ;)

I can't wait till somebody puts an ice cooler in-line w battery inlet, and squeezes out full power for another sec or two.
Instead of nitrous oxide... folks will be injecting liquid nitrogen into the battery cooling plates and motor.

Can't wait for the next Fast and Furious movie with this... lol.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

I can't wait till somebody puts an ice cooler in-line w battery inlet, and squeezes out full power for another sec or two.
One of us is here to contribute, learn, have fun and all of that. Oh yeah, and just had their 4X delivered and looking at possibly getting a GTPE if Ford “fixes” it.

The other owns a Tesla Y Turtle. And comes here to validate that fact. ?

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag

Haha, na it’s all fun and games, nobody is losing sleep over the banter.

I honestly hoped the GT would be a true contender for the MYP in acceleration so I could have fun drag racing but that might have to wait til 2023 at this rate ?

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
There's quite a few of you talking about the cool down so I threw on some clothes and took the car out quickly. Here's a video from 0-80 maxing out the energy as seen by the grey bars in the right of the energy meter, then full regen to total cool down. Sorry for the squelching of my phone case on the plastic but I left audio on so you can tell when I floored it.

I count about 5 seconds until it starts throttling power, to 8 seconds where it's maxed throttled then 10+ seconds for full cool down.
I love the immediate drop to 73% from 74%! Reminds me of the old days where you could watch the gas gauge on a big block Chevy drop as you hit the gas!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I love the immediate drop to 73% from 74%! Reminds me of the old days where you could watch the gas gauge on a big block Chevy drop as you hit the gas!
very cool.... I wish my display had this little bar; be even better if it showed actual kW

...what I'd really like to see is an interactive display of motor/controller/hv battery temp to verify if the current cap kicks in at a specific temp. or a specific time

i.e. the test would be:
- a 'full throttle' run/decel to warm the batteries up, let the system cool to some specific temp... then accelerating at lets say 3/4 throttle one run to time when the grey bars show up. Cool to specific start temp, and repeat with full throttle to see if they show up sooner. If it is purely a temp thing, then it would be worth taking the next step to put a 'cooler' in-line to see if the temp can be held below that parameter for another second or two at full throttle.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I got my GT PE on Sat. It's quite fast. The nearest drag strip is a couple hours from me so the ability to do the same exact run over and over isn't a concern for me. Five seconds into flooring it and you're going fast enough for a street car, for the most part, IMO. There are certainly some open Mexican roads between the Bay Area and Vegas where a higher top speed would be nice, but I'll never drive this car to Vegas so it's a moot point for me. This car is a DD/commuter/beater/golf car. It meets all those requirements.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
... If it is purely a temp thing, then it would be worth taking the next step to put a 'cooler' in-line to see if the temp can be held below that parameter for another second or two at full throttle.
I tried the cooler thing at a tailgate (Iowa v. Wisconsin in Madison, WI) but maybe I don't have the concept quite correct at this point. Will take some fiddling. ;)

(FYI: This week, I'll try to post more about the Big Ten Football tailgate experience with the Mach-E GT PE this last weekend)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Discovered: GTPE Delivers 5 Seconds of Full Power on Acceleration Then Reduces Battery Power to Limit Heating IMG_8322.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Discovered: GTPE Delivers 5 Seconds of Full Power on Acceleration Then Reduces Battery Power to Limit Heating IMG_8315.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Discovered: GTPE Delivers 5 Seconds of Full Power on Acceleration Then Reduces Battery Power to Limit Heating IMG_8332.JPG

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Having taken delivery of my MME GT a week ago I can definitively say that 7.5 seconds of full throttle would be enough for me and I think 99.5% of everyone. I love the car and the "SHORT SQUIRT" of acceleration. Perfect for a daily driver. If ford is listening please give the GT a 7.5 second burst and the GTPE a 9 second burst(with optional performance cooling system installed in the frunk) and its a grand slam!!!!

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I want the cool climes feature that unlocks 9 seconds of full power in winter northern states. Makes perfect sense ?.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I want the cool climes feature that unlocks 9 seconds of full power in winter northern states. Makes perfect sense ?.
Sadly batteries don't work that way. Cold battery = less ability to push amps/current.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
5 seconds is long enough to make good things happen.

or so I keep telling my gal.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Inspiration: How about an option to add a battery to your vehicle, stored in the year hatch? Could it be useful in two ways? There's a big plug in back (covered by a door panel) and maybe a plastic bracket that it drops in and the battery rests / locks securely. This wraps up a lot of concepts in this forum: GT/GTPE performance, winter range, and charging by masses.

1. GT / GTPE models to allow longer boost power? And if that battery is less than optimal in 3 years, replace it.
  2. Additional winter time range.
Hey, maybe I should apply for a patent on this idea. Probably already patented. ;)

It follows that I'm convinced BEVs for the masses can really only be achieved by standardized & easily / hot replaceable batteries, such as the gas grill propane tank concept. If 50-80% of the BEVs use these standard and replaceable batteries, they can be swapped in minutes (like Jiffy lube pull up) and charged in consolidated facilities near power generation plants. Of course maybe there's several different types - ie. capacities, but standardize on shape & connectors. Maybe the cooling system would be the kicker preventing this, but maybe that can be standardized as well?

Don't get me wrong, still have available fully integrated systems for people in high-end, specialized vehicles. No government mandates, but certainly could help in the charge-time issue, availability of charger stations issues (especially when the masses get to BEV), ability for electric grid / infrastructure to handle charging vehicles in mass, etc.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Inspiration: How about an option to add a battery to your vehicle, stored in the year hatch? Could it be useful in two ways? There's a big plug in back (covered by a door panel) and maybe a plastic bracket that it drops in and the battery rests / locks securely. This wraps up a lot of concepts in this forum: GT/GTPE performance, winter range, and charging by masses.

1. GT / GTPE models to allow longer boost power? And if that battery is less than optimal in 3 years, replace it.
  2. Additional winter time range.
Hey, maybe I should apply for a patent on this idea. Probably already patented. ;)

It follows that I'm convinced BEVs for the masses can really only be achieved by standardized & easily / hot replaceable batteries, such as the gas grill propane tank concept. If 50-80% of the BEVs use these standard and replaceable batteries, they can be swapped in minutes (like Jiffy lube pull up) and charged in consolidated facilities near power generation plants. Of course maybe there's several different types - ie. capacities, but standardize on shape & connectors. Maybe the cooling system would be the kicker preventing this, but maybe that can be standardized as well?

Don't get me wrong, still have available fully integrated systems for people in high-end, specialized vehicles. No government mandates, but certainly could help in the charge-time issue, availability of charger stations issues (especially when the masses get to BEV), ability for electric grid / infrastructure to handle charging vehicles in mass, etc.
It’s a good idea, but the issue, as with all batteries, is energy density.

Even a small battery would weigh several hundred pounds. Not exactly portable. Then add in cooling, etc like you said.
Sponsored