Dishonesty, Apparent Coverup, and Horrible Customer Services regarding Ford Active Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
To answer your initial question, yes, I signed that sheet on delivery a few weeks ago. It was also on my original purchase agreement so not a suprise to me.

What does your original PO show? You should head back to that to see if your dealer screwed it up. I attached mine that I ordered in May for reference.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dishonesty, Apparent Coverup, and Horrible Customer Services regarding Ford Active Park Screenshot_20221227-084517
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ok, so OP may have already tapped out, but I'll just pile on for good measure... Here are a few facts:
  1. Active Park Assist is dumb. If Ford offered me $325 right now to hand over my chip, I might take it.
  2. You got the $325 discount. It's on the window sticker. So you didn't pay for something you didn't get, and you don't have a legal case.
  3. The "waiver" is very similar to the one most of us 2021 early adopters had to sign concerning the absence of BlueCruise. And despite what your dealer might be telling you, it has zero connection to OTA updates (UNLESS the dealer is refusing to push your paperwork to Ford without the waiver, which is in turn delaying activation of your modem - THAT is worth looking into.)
  4. Something tells me you aren't actually in the "Early Access Program." That seems unusual for somebody who just bought the car a few months ago. Are you sure you're actually in the EAP, or is this something your dealer told you?
  5. Even if you are in the EAP, this doesn't mean you're going to receive OTA updates right away. I'm in the EAP and I'm usually about 2-4 weeks behind when people on this board first start reporting receiving an OTA update. And it has almost zero relation to updates being available in FDRS.
Finally, here is a life hack: It isn't worth going through life angry. Looking for stuff to feel angry and aggrieved about. Try to cultivate healthy, positive relationships. This can even be applied to your current experience. You're going to have a far better ownership experience if you try to cultivate a healthy, productive relationship with your dealership - rather than accusing everyone under the sun of fraud.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.