Display Feature Request - view power (in kW) charge/output/regen interactively 'always on'

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was contemplating using a shunt based eGauge from the solar industry, but it may be tricky finding the right pre-scaler and shunt to match the MME voltage and amp. Or, if I can find the factory installed shunt.....
It is pretty tough to nearly impossible to get easy access to a HV battery line in any of the modern EVs. The easiest thing to do would be to put in a contactless DC current transducer (DCCT), but even that seemingly less invasive measurement is nearly impossible because all of the orange HV lines are in pairs. It takes access to a single conductor to make a DCCT measurement.

Short of warranty killing type disassembly and modification, OBDII is about the only option. However, the good news is, once there are enough MME, the most interesting parameters will probably be identified.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It is pretty tough to nearly impossible to get easy access to a HV battery line in any of the modern EVs. The easiest thing to do would be to put in a contactless DC current transducer (DCCT), but even that seemingly less invasive measurement is nearly impossible because all of the orange HV lines are in pairs. It takes access to a single conductor to make a DCCT measurement.

Short of warranty killing type disassembly and modification, OBDII is about the only option. However, the good news is, once there are enough MME, the most interesting parameters will probably be identified.
yup, I'd be up for installing a shunt or clamp ammeter, but it's looking pretty well buried, and the data probably (hopefully) is floating around behind the display somewhere. I do not own an ODB meter at this point... but do you think an existing meter would SHOW the data, it might just be labelled as some other data register that would be used by an ICE or hybrid car?