Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I shift into reverse and the backup camera comes on, there is an icon on the right side of a “radio” tower and a slide switch beside it. I can find anything in the manuals about it and can detect no changes when I turn the switch on or off.
anyone know what this is for?
Sponsored

TuxToaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
When I shift into reverse and the backup camera comes on, there is an icon on the right side of a “radio” tower and a slide switch beside it. I can find anything in the manuals about it and can detect no changes when I turn the switch on or off.
anyone know what this is for?
I can see how you might see it as a radio tower, but if you look closer you should notice it's actually a traffic cone, and has a bold "P" (as in park) with the "waves" going from the P to the cone... which is a fairly standardized icon for parking assistance functionality. Toggling the switch off should disable the beeps and related features for notifying you of obstacles and potentially cross traffic when you're backing up. I don't believe this permanently disables those features but instead is temporary.

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag