Display / Screen scrambled

IBGroggy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I've searched around the threads and haven't found anything like what I experience. It did eventually go black, so maybe the reset would have done it had I tried it. It started out with a few lines going vertical and quickly scrambled the screen. You could still make out details, but items were moving around. Being in IT, I would say it would be like a video card going out. It progressively got worse until it eventually when dark with a few odd lines and finally completely black with glow. Not sure how long it was out, but making my way back home, it suddenly came back to life on it's own. The Ford service department at the dealership I got it from said to do a master reset, kind of like rebooting a computer. I'm the first one they actually got it so this is all new to them so we are learning as we go. Thankfully I'm a patient person and the dealership and I are on great terms through years of interaction. So, has anyone else see behavior like this? Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

Advertisement

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
Try a soft reset on the sync 4a. On the steering wheel press & Hold the right seek button and the volume down button. It'll take just a bit of time but that should reboot the screen.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Yep, found that post. Wasn't sure if the issue was the same as what I saw. I'll try it next time it does it. Thanks.
Yes, I wasn't sure if it was the same either but seems like a good place to start.

machefan

Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Wranger 17'
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes, I wasn't sure if it was the same either but seems like a good place to start.
The video of it is on FB, I can't link it here.

Looks like a different issue, glad it resolved on its own.

GrumblesTheDog

Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Toyota Prius, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ran into this myself this morning - GB FE built 1/9, had it about a week. Vertical lines, got progressively more scrambled until I did the soft reset. Cleared up right away, but figured I'd mention it here too. Grabbed a photo since I was at a light.

PXL_20210321_115529805.jpg

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE "Louibluey" Grabber Blue
Country flag
At least it won't take much to convince the dealer to repair/replace it if that problem persists!

OP

IBGroggy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
Ran into this myself this morning - GB FE built 1/9, had it about a week. Vertical lines, got progressively more scrambled until I did the soft reset. Cleared up right away, but figured I'd mention it here too. Grabbed a photo since I was at a light.

PXL_20210321_115529805.jpg
Exactly what mine did. Only had it a few days too. It cleared up on it's own, but thanks for the tip if it ever happens again. Maybe the software update that's coming will fix this. I haven't had it happen since.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata conversion
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
hhhhmmmm, just wondering if this might be a temperature problem.... I had my screen go black one time when I was parked facing the sun for a while.... The screen never came on when I got back in and started the car! I did notice the top of the screen was pretty darn hot to the touch. The way it sticks up above the dash, I think the sun pounding on the back may have had something to do with it?

so.... has anyone having problems felt the console back/front to see if it was 'very' warm to the touch?

Last edited:

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Faced this twice, reboot helped.

Advertisement