dmturner

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When I enable the ‘Distance Indication’ setting, it puts an ugly block in front of the car icon on the front display. I think Ford needs a better graphic. It’s a bit clunky IMO.
Is there a setting to hide that other than disabling the feature?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Distance Indication 5C3B8FC4-B49F-47DE-AE64-5D66A415BF79
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Just have to turn distance indication off. It disappears if your cruise control is on anyways so I don't think it is very useful. I can see how far ahead I am to the car in front of me myself.

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
When I enable the ‘Distance Indication’ setting, it puts an ugly block in front of the car icon on the front display. I think Ford needs a better graphic. It’s a bit clunky IMO.
Is there a setting to hide that other than disabling the feature?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Distance Indication 5C3B8FC4-B49F-47DE-AE64-5D66A415BF79
I HATE this graphic so much. I thought there was something wrong with the car display at first. I HOPE Ford updates this in an OTA.

I also don't find the feature (as is) very useful or reliable. I'll creep up super close to the car in front of me at a stop light and maybe because of the reduced speed it doesn't change or show the bar decreasing at all. And then randomly on the highway cars way in front will get an orange bar for a second or two. I don't really understand how it's supposed to work. I wish Ford did a better job of explaining how these advanced features work and how we as drivers should expect to experience them in real world driving situations.

All that being said, I've turned the feature off for now too.

lindamclaird

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach-e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Was told to get rid of blue distance indicator on dash to go to :" driver assistance menu" and hit distance indicates but I have no distance indicator on menu .

volarium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag
Was told to get rid of blue distance indicator on dash to go to :" driver assistance menu" and hit distance indicates but I have no distance indicator on menu .
I have the exact same issue. I was able to turn it on, then found out I hated it, and now it’s disappeared from my menu. Someone suggested it might be related to enabling paak, but even after disabling all keys, the menu item never returned. If you ever find a solution, would love to know!

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Select it down to one bar following distance, and it will be less Fugly.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Just have to turn distance indication off. It disappears if your cruise control is on anyways so I don't think it is very useful. I can see how far ahead I am to the car in front of me myself.
Doesn’t this indicate which of the four levels of following distance is active when using adaptive cruise control Not the actual distance to the vehicle ahead.

That is my impression but I turned it off for aesthetic reasons in February of 2021 so am not very confident.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Doesn’t this indicate which of the four levels of following distance is active when using adaptive cruise control Not the actual distance to the vehicle ahead.

That is my impression but I turned it off for aesthetic reasons in February of 2021 so am not very confident.
No, the following distance bars only show up when you use the button to adjust it.

That block in front of the car will change color if you start tailgating the car ahead. If you use cruise control, it should stay blue since cruise does not tailgate. You have to be manually following very close.

The feature is really meant for tailgaters to remind them to stop tailgating. If you don't tailgate, then you don't need it on. I turned it off because it was always blue when I was driving, you have to get VERY close before it starts changing colors.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It would have been much better looking if it was 3 chevrons or something.
Sponsored