DIY car wash and ceramic coating recommendations

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Hey Gang,

I have a feeling I am going to want to keep "Smoke" cleaner than any other vehicle I owned. There are a couple of threads regarding going to a car wash, but I'm trying to gauge peoples' preferences for specific products to use on the car myself. Ideas?

Thanks...
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This stuff gets the scratches out of the black trim and any clear coat marks.

My back black lower had some scuffs from delivery and it got them all out.

E02D0310-4C31-456E-9167-12403BB90EE6.jpeg

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This stuff gets the scratches out of the black trim and any clear coat marks.

My back black lower had some scuffs from delivery and it got them all out.
are you sure that's not just mustard? ??

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thanks all - useful info. Any recommendations for interiors (other than screens) - I have used general armorall in the previous cars and it sort of worked but wondering if I should stick to that or something better? I am worried about frequent hits to the drivers side door interior underside as I step out (I keep hitting that area along with inside ledge and the scuff plates).

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks all - useful info. Any recommendations for interiors (other than screens) - I have used general armorall in the previous cars and it sort of worked but wondering if I should stick to that or something better? I am worried about frequent hits to the drivers side door interior underside as I step out (I keep hitting that area along with inside ledge and the scuff plates).
We’ve used 303 aerospace for ages instead of armorall. You don’t get that high gloss but excellent UV protection. I don’t have the car yet, so not certain what I’ll do inside it.

Outside will probably go with Xpel ultimate and a ceramic coating. Used Avalon King ceramic on another vehicle, really pleased with it for those looking for DIY ceramic coatings.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY car wash and ceramic coating recommendations DA21BDD4-30AF-45F3-BDB1-7B7636EB7130

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
We’ve used 303 aerospace for ages instead of armorall. You don’t get that high gloss but excellent UV protection. Don’t have tge car yet, so not certain what I’ll do inside it.

Outside will probably go with Xpel ultimate and a ceramic coating. Used Avalon King ceramic on another vehicle, really pleased with it for those looking for DIY ceramic coatings.

DA21BDD4-30AF-45F3-BDB1-7B7636EB7130.png
Thanks - seen lot of good reviews re this product. Planning to drop off for Xpel Ultimate PPF tomorrow

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
We just started doing some research on protecting the paint in the past week. I think @Liv and I will definitely do a ceramic coating ourselves. We also want to do PPF on the front. She got in contact with some local installers for quotes, but we may get ambitious and give it a try ourselves. There is a lot to learn and it's really hard to pick the perfect products. I'll be following this thread to learn from others.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
We just started doing some research on protecting the paint in the past week. I think @Liv and I will definitely do a ceramic coating ourselves. We also want to do PPF on the front. She got in contact with some local installers for quotes, but we may get ambitious and give it a try ourselves. There is a lot to learn and it's really hard to pick the perfect products. I'll be following this thread to learn from others.
I am thinking about DIY the paint protection on the front bumper as well. We should exchange tips :)
What film were you thinking of using?

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Here's a question somewhat on this topic - what's the best way to wash it with the auto lock and mirrors closing in after a period of time / if you walk too far away? Should you unlock it and leave the fob in it while washing to prevent this?

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Here's a question somewhat on this topic - what's the best way to wash it with the auto lock and mirrors closing in after a period of time / if you walk too far away? Should you unlock it and leave the fob in it while washing to prevent this?
I think you can turn the auto lock off.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You can turn off auto lock as well as walk away lock features
Sponsored