JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
One of the forum members had his MME at their main shop for measuring and PPF when the storm hit. It delayed things by a few days as Xpel couldn't get to work (and a lack of power iirc), but it got done. Hence the templates already.
Yes can confirm that Xpel templates are in their systems - confirmed by the XPel installer this morning. Installer indicated he is going to decide on a panel by panel basis if he can go with templates or if he needs to do it custom on a given panel... depending on how he feels ...he showed me some areas as examples and my take away was that the he will have to figure out what looks best.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yes can confirm that Xpel templates are in their systems - confirmed by the XPel installer this morning. Installer indicated he is going to decide on a panel by panel basis if he can go with templates or if he needs to do it custom on a given panel... depending on how he feels ...he showed me some areas as examples and my take away was that the he will have to figure out what looks best.
Mine goes tomorrow evening to drop off and he starts on it Wednesday. He didn't seem concerned about the templates, but we'll see. He will be manually doin the A-pillars since there's no template that contains partial A-pillar.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I called the mobile shop (it's a very long story how that happened. Suffice it say they're a great xpel ppf dealer in 3 states. You have to pay for your vacation home somehow. :p). They said they didn't think there were any Mach-e's on island yet. I said there aren't. Yet. He added I don't think we have templates yet but we can custom cut them. I asked him to take a look again ... (cue Final Jeopardy musical interlude) ... "You're right! How did you know?"

Just smart I guess. Or read these forums too much. I always get those confused.

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Window tint question... Has anyone heard of or used Global QDP Ceramic Charcoal film?

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Any suggestions for a ceramic coating topper?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I like the beading. Tight. How slick is it to touch though? Some videos indicated not as slick as others.
I would tend to agree it is not as slick as others, but of course I have not put others on. It does seem a bit more ”tacky” when you try to slide a towel on it.

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I would tend to agree it is not as slick as others, but of course I have not put others on. It does seem a bit more ”tacky” when you try to slide a towel on it.
That's what some have said. BTW, your car looks great.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Got the Mach-E back from the PPF installer, but waiting till next weekend to do the 303 Graphene coat.

I did go ahead and prep/coat my i3 with it though. Was very easy and looks great to me. My i3 needs some real paint correction at some point (purchased used), but figured I'd coat it for now. Used Adam's Strip Wash in foam gun, then 2-bucket wash, Adam's Iron Remover, and followed up with some IPA dilution before doing the 303.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
That's what some have said. BTW, your car looks great.
Thanks! Going to give it a wash today from the grime of the last week. For the first time in a long time I look forward to the drive to and from work EVERY day.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mine goes tomorrow evening to drop off and he starts on it Wednesday. He didn't seem concerned about the templates, but we'll see. He will be manually doin the A-pillars since there's no template that contains partial A-pillar.
Same here dropping off Sunday for XPEL and Clear Plex.

Should take about a week.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I spent yesterday putting on Ethos Graphene Matrix coating. Washed, clay barred, detox and then put on the coating. All went easy. Took about 4 hours total. Looks great, but only time will tell how it holds up. They claim 5 years . . . if it makes it 2, I'll be happy. The small 30 ml bottle covered pretty well. Did one full coat and then a second coat on the front and I still have some left.
Sponsored