Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Hey Gang,

I have a feeling I am going to want to keep "Smoke" cleaner than any other vehicle I owned. There are a couple of threads regarding going to a car wash, but I'm trying to gauge peoples' preferences for specific products to use on the car myself. Ideas?

Thanks...
I recommend Ethos Graphene.
It was my first ever DIY of any sort of ceramic coating.
Did my wife’s truck couple weeks back and I’ll do my MME when I get it.

8050B198-5667-4CB3-8793-F96AD6CB0ED5.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I spent yesterday putting on Ethos Graphene Matrix coating. Washed, clay barred, detox and then put on the coating. All went easy. Took about 4 hours total. Looks great, but only time will tell how it holds up. They claim 5 years . . . if it makes it 2, I'll be happy. The small 30 ml bottle covered pretty well. Did one full coat and then a second coat on the front and I still have some left.
How long did you wait before the second coat?

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Started on the front. By the time I finished the rest of the car, I did the front again. Probably about 1.5 hours after the first coat.
Thanks

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I used a whole set of products from The Last Cost for a DYI ceramic coat. I’m really happy with the results. Drove it in the rain a few days later and I almost can’t even tell it left my garage.

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I used a whole set of products from The Last Cost for a DYI ceramic coat. I’m really happy with the results. Drove it in the rain a few days later and I almost can’t even tell it left my garage.
That's awesome. I'm surprised at how dirty the back of the car gets. The hatch just absorbs dirt in the rain. I'm looking forward to being able to clean it easily.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
That's awesome. I'm surprised at how dirty the back of the car gets. The hatch just absorbs dirt in the rain. I'm looking forward to being able to clean it easily.
Mine hasn't been out in the rain yet, and probably won't be until next December, which will probably be the next time it rains here. But I did wash it yesterday and the water beading from the graphene coating is fabulous.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
This. My rear window was filthy after a few days of rain. Rest of the car didn’t show anything at all.

Reactions: abr

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
At the recommendation of a few others, I tried the 303 Graphene too. Only around $20 and does well. Here's mine after:

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY car wash and ceramic coating recommendations 8050B198-5667-4CB3-8793-F96AD6CB0ED5

Here's another product comparison video...

This is a *great* video. Thanks so much for posting. I was going to go with a ceramic product for my Infinite Blue MME but now am definitely choosing 303 Graphine Nano. Seems like a Rain-X product is still best for glass based on this. Thanks again.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I had the bad luck of taking my car home Saturday evening, and then a pouring steady rain Sunday all day. Right now the rear hatch is already pretty grimey. Thinking of taking it for a hand carwash on Sunday or Monday and then applying one of the 303 products mentioned earlier in this thread

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the bad luck of taking my car home Saturday evening, and then a pouring steady rain Sunday all day. Right now the rear hatch is already pretty grimey. Thinking of taking it for a hand carwash on Sunday or Monday and then applying one of the 303 products mentioned earlier in this thread
The rear window is a dirt/dust collector. It's worth buying a 36-pack of microfiber towels (Costco/Walmart/etc). I keep a spray bottle in the garage that I fill with standard wiper fluid. Use one cloth to clean the dirt off, then follow up with a 2nd clean one for the finishing touches.

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Alright, seeing as I started this thread I guess I should report back what I did.

- Two bucket wash
- Claybar with a claymit
- Alcohol prep using 70% diluted to roughly 15%
- Two coats of Avalon King's Armour Shield IX Ceramic Coating
- Parked car in the sun the next day for 7 hours to help with curing process (it was dusk when I finished the first day)

Total time was about four hours. I'll post pictures at another time. The car looks great and has the shine/reflective properties I was looking for.

I'm happy. Now, I just need to tint the two front windows.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I wound up buying mother's cmx ceramic spray and applying it after I took the car for its first hand wash. I think it came out OK but it doesn't look particularly "shinier" than before. Is this stuff supposed to only protect against water spots? Is there a different product I should use instead that would make it shiny + offer some protection?

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
- Two bucket wash
- Claybar with a claymit
- Alcohol prep using 70% diluted to roughly 15%
- Two coats of Avalon King's Armour Shield IX Ceramic Coating
- Parked car in the sun the next day for 7 hours to help with curing process (it was dusk when I finished the first day)
How many bottles of Armor Shield did you use?

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
How many bottles of Armor Shield did you use?
I don't think I even used half of the bottle. I thought I was being pretty liberal about how much I was using. I only did one coat on the windows, roof, and rims. I used RainX on the windshield.

Be sure to use a discount code if you get it. Took $25 off.
Sponsored