scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Kinda my point but I didn’t spell it out. You went to great lengths to enable the feature and help others, while we have it and just turned it off. Hence the lol. Sucks for those who want it.
I'm thinkin of waiting until people start posting that they didn't get the last batches on the assembly line installed and then I can unplug my disused module and sell it.
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
...and some people really like the feature and use it regularly, so I appreciate(?) your input.
I used the hands free liftgate all the time. Every time I get groceries or need to put something in the back.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I am going to look for the module on my current 2021, and once I know it's there I will be able to see if it's on the 2022 that was made in January and not shipped yet. I'm going to get my GM to agree that they will enable it in FDRS for me either at delivery (if module is there) or after delivery if I buy it myself.

Great post!

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
That is fascinating troubleshooting and I thank you for your investment in the tech...I wish you were a neighbor so I could get you to help me.....lol.

To the few who come here with virtual ice picks to stab those who invest a lot of time and capital in their EV vehicles as a hobby as well as conveyance, and help us all out with their knowledge and experience, why don't you grow up or just take my dear departed moms sage advice......

If you have nothing nice to say, zip it up nitwit.....

as always...
Jes sayin...

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
Today I wanted to investigate what would be needed to add the hands free liftgate back into my 2022 GT, so I set off on a little adventure. Turns out the module was already installed, just disabled in configuration. This caused me to spend the rest of my day doing as built comparisons among 2021 and 2022 Mach E's. 😂

Remember, any changes you make are at your own risk. Additionally, any OTA update has the ability to reset any changes made to the modules.

IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg

This isn't going to be a large tutorial on how to use FDRS and Forscan, as there's several other threads that do this. Also, I don't know at which point they removed or will remove the actual handsfree liftgate module. I also didn't dive into every Mach E configuration out there to see if there would be any variance with As Built data. The two modules that will need reconfigured is the APIM and the BCM.

The very first step in this would be to find out if you actually have the module installed. There's a small access panel near the back of the cover, closest to the bumper. You can peek in there with a flashlight and see the module. My GT was built March 1 2022 for reference and came with the module installed.

Also, you must already have a Mach E with a power liftgate, otherwise you'll have to go a whole different direction. If your vehicle is only missing the Power liftgate handsfree module, I don't imagine it being hard to add. It's power, ground, LIN BUS and two antennas. Someone else can do that tutorial though. 😂

0. Back up your configs!

1. APIM Configuration (Forscan):
The reason there's two variations is because there's multiple configs that happen on that one Value. They're different between the two vehicles.
APIM Enable Power Liftgate Handsfree Option
GT: 7D0-09-03 XXXX X8XX XXXX
Prem: 7D0-09-03 XXXX XAXX XXXX

Stock 2022 GT APIM
7D0-09-03 XXXX X0XX XXXX
Stock 2022 Premium APIM
7D0-09-03 XXXX X2XX XXXX

Ensure that after you push the changes, you reset the APIM again, or it may not show up right away.

2. BCM Configuration (Forscan):
This tells the BCM that the module is available on the LIN BUS.
726-27-01 XFXX X2XX XXXX

Stock 2022 GT/Prem Value
726-27-01 XEXX X0XX XXXX

After making this configuration you can do a DTC scan, and you should see a BCM DTC B1495:55 Hands Free Liftgate/Decklid Input Sensor: Not Configured

Now you need to switch over to FDRS. This sucks because you have to pay for a subscription. The only reason I needed FDRS was because you need to run a LIN New Module Initialization in order to clear that DTC and enable the handsfree module communication. Forscan will let you do it on older vehicles. Hopefully the developers enable it on the new versions.

View attachment 60828

After that is complete, the lfitgate will work handsfree. Check that it's enabled in the APIM and you should be GTG.

IMG_1022.jpeg

I will try to help the best i can, but I don't have a lot of time to do tech support. I know there's a lot of other smart folks that have been digging into Forscan and FDRS that can offer assistance if I take too long to answer. I'll be interested to see how many 2022's have the stuff installed already. Have fun!
I am one of those people who was super sad mine did not ship with it. I used mine ALLLLLLL the time on my last vehicle and I have already missed it being there several times in the last 2 weeks of ownership.

I wish I had the tech ability to do this.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
I am one of those people who was super sad mine did not ship with it. I used mine ALLLLLLL the time on my last vehicle and I have already missed it being there several times in the last 2 weeks of ownership.

I wish I had the tech ability to do this.
I bet you can! If you follow his instructions on how to check to see if you have the module, I am sure folks will help you with the steps to get setup to enable it. Give it a try

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I am going to look for the module on my current 2021, and once I know it's there I will be able to see if it's on the 2022 that was made in January and not shipped yet. I'm going to get my GM to agree that they will enable it in FDRS for me either at delivery (if module is there) or after delivery if I buy it myself.

Great post!
A dealer technician has no way to flip these specific DID's in module configurations via FDRS. If it has the feature turned off via configuration, you'll need to follow OP's instructions using Forscan

Last edited:

igotnoclevername

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT/Lightning/Mach E
Country flag
This is awesome, I should be getting mine in a few weeks and will definitely check to see if they're there. I was part of the 1/3 build week that was "sent off site" for 2 months before shipping, so I'm hoping I've got it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
A dealer technician has no way to flip these specific DID's in module configurations via FDRS. If it has the feature turned off via configuration, you'll need to follow OP's instructions using Forscan
Thx.

So if I switch it on in FORScan, can I then drive around until I get to the dealer for the FDRS part?

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Thx.

So if I switch it on in FORScan, can I then drive around until I get to the dealer for the FDRS part?
you can. It won’t throw a visual DTC or affect the car at all. It’s going to be a fun conversation with the service department to have them do that one step in FDRS though. Hopefully the forscan developers add the LIN initialization for the Mach E soon.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Today I wanted to investigate what would be needed to add the hands free liftgate back into my 2022 GT, so I set off on a little adventure. Turns out the module was already installed, just disabled in configuration. This caused me to spend the rest of my day doing as built comparisons among 2021 and 2022 Mach E's. 😂

Remember, any changes you make are at your own risk. Additionally, any OTA update has the ability to reset any changes made to the modules.

IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg

This isn't going to be a large tutorial on how to use FDRS and Forscan, as there's several other threads that do this. Also, I don't know at which point they removed or will remove the actual handsfree liftgate module. I also didn't dive into every Mach E configuration out there to see if there would be any variance with As Built data. The two modules that will need reconfigured is the APIM and the BCM.

The very first step in this would be to find out if you actually have the module installed. There's a small access panel near the back of the cover, closest to the bumper. You can peek in there with a flashlight and see the module. My GT was built March 1 2022 for reference and came with the module installed.

Also, you must already have a Mach E with a power liftgate, otherwise you'll have to go a whole different direction. If your vehicle is only missing the Power liftgate handsfree module, I don't imagine it being hard to add. It's power, ground, LIN BUS and two antennas. Someone else can do that tutorial though. 😂

0. Back up your configs!

The reason there's two variations is because there's multiple configs that happen on that one Value. They're different between the two vehicles.

Stock 2022 GT APIM
7D0-09-03 XXXX X0XX XXXX
Stock 2022 Premium APIM
7D0-09-03 XXXX X2XX XXXX

Ensure that after you push the changes, you reset the APIM again, or it may not show up right away.

726-27-01 XFXX X2XX XXXX

Stock 2022 GT/Prem Value
726-27-01 XEXX X0XX XXXX

After making this configuration you can do a DTC scan, and you should see a BCM DTC B1495:55 Hands Free Liftgate/Decklid Input Sensor: Not Configured

Now you need to switch over to FDRS. This sucks because you have to pay for a subscription. The only reason I needed FDRS was because you need to run a LIN New Module Initialization in order to clear that DTC and enable the handsfree module communication. Forscan will let you do it on older vehicles. Hopefully the developers enable it on the new versions.

View attachment 60828

After that is complete, the lfitgate will work handsfree. Check that it's enabled in the APIM and you should be GTG.

IMG_1022.jpeg

I will try to help the best i can, but I don't have a lot of time to do tech support. I know there's a lot of other smart folks that have been digging into Forscan and FDRS that can offer assistance if I take too long to answer. I'll be interested to see how many 2022's have the stuff installed already. Have fun!
What I REALLY WANT is a power Frunk Gate!!! Can you make that happen?

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag

IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg

0. Back up your configs!

Stock 2022 GT APIM
7D0-09-03 XXXX X0XX XXXX
Stock 2022 Premium APIM
7D0-09-03 XXXX X2XX XXXX

726-27-01 XFXX X2XX XXXX

Stock 2022 GT/Prem Value
726-27-01 XEXX X0XX XXXX

View attachment 60828

IMG_1022.jpeg

Be aware, today my liftgate opened while spraying the rear of the vehicle. I think the water activated it

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Be aware, today my liftgate opened while spraying the rear of the vehicle. I think the water activated it
yup, we’ve had several fords with this feature to include our previous Mach e. Just have to be aware of the nuances of it.
Sponsored