Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks! After getting pass that fear of bricking the MME, got it done in about 5 mins. Works great. Wife is happy, got myself some brownie points.
Now turn off the double honk if you want cake points.
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Does having the 2 modules means it has the hardware to enable it via Forscan?
Friend has a Select with the power tail lift option but no hands free. Is it something that can be enabed?

Their VIN shows
7D0-09-03 0040 0200 092E
726-27-01 0A02 0012 0073

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
Would love to get mine enabled, but being a Mac only household my understanding is I can't load the needed software. If anyone in the Denver area is up for lending a hand on this DM me.

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
Thanks! After getting pass that fear of bricking the MME, got it done in about 5 mins. Works great. Wife is happy, got myself some brownie points.
Was this on your 21 or 22?
I have a 22 premium which had a build week of 7/25 - There was a site to see what modules were present - is there a module number I can use to see if the module is present?
johnh...

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
I have a 22 premium which had a build week of 7/25 - There was a site to see what modules were present - is there a module number I can use to see if the module is present?
johnh...
It isn’t a numbered module. You likely have it present, it just needs to be enabled.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what’s the speculation that MY23 vehicles will even have the modules or necessary harnesses to add the modules since hands-free lift gate is no longer mentioned anywhere?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Oooh! I wonder if those "Police" settings are a way to take the governor off? **rubs hands in an evil sinister manner**
I wonder if they’re a way to void your factory warranty, including the 8 year powertrain/battery warranty (snickers at the expression when he sees the bill for $26K at the service desk) 😀😀😀

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Now turn off the double honk if you want cake points.
OMG Seriously. That makes me jump every freaking time.

Yesterday I was leaving super early and I got in the car quietly closed the door and started the car. The drivers door wasn't closed all the way so I pulled it shut and of course...Double Honk. That honk is so much louder in the garage.

Wonder if I can get the Ford tech to check the box next time I bring it in for something.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
johnh...
The wife's is a '22, don't remember the build week but we took delivery of in on the end of Aug.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tried to enable it for my friends SELECT with the power lift option installed. But it doesn't appear to be working. Options show up but kick doesn't appear to work.

1) Checked the build and verified they have the 2 parts
7D0-09-03 0040 0200 092E
726-27-01 0A02 0012 0073
2) Used Forscan and changed the following
7D0-09-03 XXXX XAXX XXXX (initially tried 8 first but didn't work)
726-27-01 XFXX X2XX XXXX
3) The option in the [Settings -> Vehicle -> Power Lift] started to show up with the hands-free option. Enabled the option.

Did I miss a step??? Or is it that the actual part isn't installed? We did not check to see if it was physically there.

mdhawkeye

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Silly, probably unanswerable question... anyone know how doing these mods affects ones warranty??

Jay_in_Austin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same result as above on a Select with power liftgate option. However the 8 did work on the APIM to get the handsfree option on the screen. The BCM codes look right but the attached error repeats after a reset. I'll try to check if the module is present tomorrow.

Edit: I probably didn't do the LIN procedure correctly to get the module on the bus. I'll try that first.

Edit 2: Yes, I did something wrong on the LIN. Did that over, cleared the DTCs, and all works as expected. Handsfree hardware is confirmed up to August 20 build so probably in all '22 models.
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E LIN

To those new to Forscan, you sometimes have to click on a different tab like the Service Procedures above. After an operation, Forscan will probably be on the Log tab.

Last edited:

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I have 22 with a build date of 9/14 that i just picked up Friday 10/14. I can confirm that, at least at this build date, the modules are still coming in the cars. I successfully enabled the auto liftgate. Thanks for this - I loved the feature in my '21!

One forscan question. My software kept getting held up and saying "execting service function" after each step. It would just sit there forever. I would close the software and reopen it after each step. Is that normal behavior? Is there way to avoid that in the future?

Thanks
Sponsored