21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
No, this has not ever happened to me. That is definitely weird. I to love this feature and am so glad that we were able to enable this feature.
+1. Use it every day since I activated it last Summer.
Sponsored

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
Yeah, that's happened to me like twice in two years, and the last time was well over 6 months ago. But mine lives in a carport and there's no danger of the liftgate hittting anything.
Yeah thankfully I back into my garage since my charger is on that side so it opens into plenty of space.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I'd love to enable this for mine, but I lack the proper OBDII reader, cable, and laptop. Anybody in the Bay Area with the right tools willing to help out a fellow owner?

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
I'd love to enable this for mine, but I lack the proper OBDII reader, cable, and laptop. Anybody in the Bay Area with the right tools willing to help out a fellow owner?
I'd love to help you, but I am down in San Diego. Hopefully someone else up in the Bay Area will be able to help. I will say that it is totally worth the small cost to buy the reader, but if you don't have a laptop then that is a bigger obstacle.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I'd love to help you, but I am down in San Diego. Hopefully someone else up in the Bay Area will be able to help. I will say that it is totally worth the small cost to buy the reader, but if you don't have a laptop then that is a bigger obstacle.
Thanks for the offer. I don't think we're gonna be driving the Mach-E down to SoCal this summer. The funny part is I have a couple of Bluetooth readers which work just fine with CarScanner. A windows laptop is the harder part since we're a mostly Apple household...

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
The one you listed is for cars up to 3/15/21. The newer version is about $100 cheaper but for some reason has the same part number Link.

This part number also corresponds directly with the module named RGTM in FDRS.
Liftgate_Module_with_HF.png

A '23 model I just checked with a build date in Mar of '23 shows it still has a RGTM module, but the part number is "JU5T-14B673-AB" rather than the JX7T14673-BB. So maybe it's a dumbed down version. 🤔

The other thing is, it does show a harness for this sensor and it does say it's for '23 models, though that could be an error...at least it lists the harness and it appears to be plug and play.
Liftgate_Motion_Sensor_and_Harness.png
The RGTM is inside the rear hatch. It's what takes inputs from the button(s) and the BCM and actuates the lift motors, as well as monitor the pinch sensors. Any Mach E with power lift gate will have one. The Kick sensor is the 14B291 and 14F680 in that diagram. From what I've read around here, those that have a '23 don't have the module installed anymore. The bumper probably has the mounting locations. Likely the harness excludes the wiring. You'd have to run three wires (power, ground, LIN) the whole way up to the BCM and pin out the missing parts in the BCM harness. Well, ground can be grounded anywhere.

richcournoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E320 CDI, MME PE4
Country flag
I can't even write to the write (save) the APIM change because I get the following error:

GAIN SECURITY ACCESS FAILED - SECURITY KEY IS WRONG.

Ref: 7D0-09-03 XXXX X8XX XXXX

I don't see anything here in the 21 pages and googled the heck out of this error message but nothing worked.

Am I the only person who is getting this error....and HOW DO I FIX IT?

ANSWER:

I purchased a 1 year license so that I could get Forscan Support. Here is their answer:

Sorry, this is a confirmed bug in the latest release, 2.3.54. Please use this latest test build of 2.3.55

I uploaded the new release, and the modules updated perfectly and the hatch (Lift Gate....whatever...) works awesome!

Thanks all for the help

Last edited:

ddujnad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E GT, '17 Volt
Country flag
I'm in the South Bay and would be happy to help you if that works.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
I'm also in South Bay, San Jose, Willow Glen. 2022 GT. Just had my front side windows done with the new 3M Crystalline window tint. Matches the tint in the back windows perfectly. Would like to enable my lift gate kick.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I'm also in South Bay, San Jose, Willow Glen. 2022 GT. Just had my front side windows done with the new 3M Crystalline window tint. Matches the tint in the back windows perfectly. Would like to enable my lift gate kick.
I work by the airport Tu-Thu. Meet either of you sometime in the early evening?

uisynot

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium ex AWD
Country flag
I can't even write to the write (save) the APIM change because I get the following error:

GAIN SECURITY ACCESS FAILED - SECURITY KEY IS WRONG.

Ref: 7D0-09-03 XXXX X8XX XXXX

I don't see anything here in the 21 pages and googled the heck out of this error message but nothing worked.

Am I the only person who is getting this error....and HOW DO I FIX IT?

ANSWER:

I purchased a 1 year license so that I could get Forscan Support. Here is their answer:

Sorry, this is a confirmed bug in the latest release, 2.3.54. Please use this latest test build of 2.3.55

I uploaded the new release, and the modules updated perfectly and the hatch (Lift Gate....whatever...) works awesome!

Thanks all for the help
Do you happen to have the test build link? Running into same issue. Thank you.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Country flag
I'm looking to tint my front windows too. What was the percent for the tint you used?