DIY How To Disable Seatbelt Chime

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Short video on how to disable persistent seatbelt chime. Repeat process to enable again. Passenger seat will need same process if you wish to disable that seat.

Sponsored

MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Curious as to why you would want to do this, unless you’re a secret service agent protecting the president and need to get out quickly? 😂 I get rid of the chime by putting my seatbelt on and it gives an additional benefit of saving my life in an accident. Win, win.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don’t find it annoying at all. It’s definitely better than the buzzers from the ‘70s. I have always gotten in, fired up, and fastened my harness. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
As much as I hate noise… this one is staying. If only we could make it a buzzer for the sake of @HuntingPudel ’s PTSD. 😋

jdhzzz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Systems engineer
Country flag
My preferred pattern:
* get in
* start car
* put on seat belt
Eliminating the chime would make that a lot nicer. Since it is reversible, I'll do it.

sci_goat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Rte1 Grabber Blue
Country flag
My family is also fastidious about buckling up, but even so, I find the Mach-E reminder annoying. It has to do with the the sound they chose (ba-Dum, ba-Dum, ba-Dum!) , the loudness of it, and its sensitivity. It doesn't give you any grace period, and will even sound if you are stopped (contrary to what the manual promises). I will get multiple notices on the dash that I have to click through and it is annoying. I think I'd be less aggravated if they chose a more neutral tone for the alert.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Here in Phoenix during our 20+ days of 110+, the #1 priority when getting in the car is to start it up for the AC. I ain't got no time to put the seatbelt on before pushing start. 🥵

My 2010 Mazda speed 3 and 2018 Ram 2500 don't nag you about the seatbelt until the vehicle starts moving. I prefer that method.

I guess one could argue that is too late as you don't want people futzing with the seatbelt while rolling down the road.

I just watched the video. I'm confused. Are there 2 different seatbelt reminders? The 8 chime after pushing start AND the beeps when going above 5mph without your belt on? I found the 8 chime doesn't happen when i fasten the seatbelt before pressing start. I hate the 8 chime on startup.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Ok, I performed the sequence. It seems to only disable the beeping when the car is in motion. What I really wanted was to disable the chime (do-do-do) that happens 8 times when the car is started when you don't have your seatbelt buckled. I guess I'll have to look into if this can be disabled in FORScan.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
@CarGuy11 Thanks for the video and for providing us with the option of doing this mod. I read the manual and simply missed this. I am going to do this and remove the noise.

I ALWAYS wear a seat belt. In fact, I don't know any alive that does not wear one. :p Why do I need more noise in my life and something to remind me to do what I do instinctively. I can see why others would want to have the reminder, but not for me.

Remember those old days of the doors open, speakers blasting and sitting drinking beer. I used to take out the door ding relay. I hated hearing the ding ding of the car if you left the door open. Duh I have the door open. That is as useful as the sticker on the hair dryer telling you not to use it in the shower.

Naren

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium EX AWD, RIVIAN R1S
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ok, I performed the sequence. It seems to only disable the beeping when the car is in motion. What I really wanted was to disable the chime (do-do-do) that happens 8 times when the car is started when you don't have your seatbelt buckled. I guess I'll have to look into if this can be disabled in FORScan.
Any luck for removing 8 times chimes ?
its really annoying me.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I never looked for any more settings. Either the car dings less now with OTA or I just got used to it.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I just realized I was able to turn off the seatbelt chime reminders. I think it was some seatbelt module setting changed from North America to Europe. Search the forum for that and you'll probably find it.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
It only chimes 4 times when the car is started. Don't remember 8 but mine has been inactivated for a while.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have a foolproof method of disabling the chimes. It works perfectly every times, doesn’t require FORScan, FDRS, oddball incantations at midnight. here are the steps:
1. Enter car.
2. Fasten seat belt. (Ensure any other passengers have also fastened their seat belts).
3. Press the Start button.
Enjoy the blissful silence

You’re welcome. 🙂
Sponsored