Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Sorry, but can you please clarify:
- For GT, I still need to do #1 and #2?
Yes. 1 and 2 are needed for all installations regardless of the model.
Sponsored

edido

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Blue
Country flag
Yes. 1 and 2 are needed for all installations regardless of the model.
Got it. Sounds like Steeda's installation instructions are not updated. I'll let the shop know. Thanks!

Anton

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
MedTech Software Engineer.
Country flag
It can be a long read, but this thread has all the info on the Steeda front sway bar that you might need.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Got it. Sounds like Steeda's installation instructions are not updated. I'll let the shop know. Thanks!
It can be a long read, but this thread has all the info on the Steeda front sway bar that you might need.
I just updated the OP this morning to include a summary and links to all the relevant posts.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just updated the OP this morning to include a summary and links to all the relevant posts.
Darned good job keeping that first post updated Mike! 😊🐩

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I just completed a 2,100+ mile Winter trip on the KW V3 newly installed coilovers from Louisville KY to Burlington VT to southern New Hampshire, Massachusetts and back to northern Virginia, just ahead of this week's northern blizzard.

[extracted & amplified from a trip report posted elsewhere on this forum]:
The newly installed KW V3 coilover set is a very worthwhile investment. Once the suspension is properly aligned at a specialty shop, driving long trips over really varied roads is far more restful and less fatiguing with this KW coilover set installed.

Because of anticipated alignment issues, I had a specialty 4-wheel alignment done on Tuesday the 1st day I rode off, after about 400 miles of post-installation local shakedown driving. To my surprise, the major adjustments were not for camber adjustment... all post-installation camber settings were spot-on. One front wheel's caster setting was out of alignment, and the rubbing issues noted in a previous post above, were solved by realigning wheel toe specs all around. I underline this was a 4-wheel alignment and not just a front alignment. Cost: $311, and time: about 5 hours as they worked me into the scheduled flow of that day's work.

Considering that I plan to keep this car for a long time, I now strongly recommend the KW V3 coilover mod for personal fatigue mitigation on longer trips as well as for increased (better) handling of the car. I've driven this car on seven trips of about 700 miles before the KW coilovers went on... I was well rested all during this much longer trip, better than after the several shorter trips.

NOTE: I am still on KW-recommended shock settings which seem to work fine for now. My KW spring compression rings are set at mid-points of their threaded travel ranges all around.

Throughout the trip, at varying speeds and surfaces and during strong winds, I noticed that the usual Mach E pogoing, definitely present when I bought the car and greatly lessened by the Steeda sway bars, is now gone. The car's driving is firm yet also more balanced, and steering is now very accurate.

Hope everyone's Christmas etc. was a good one!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just completed a 2,100+ mile Winter trip on the KW V3 newly installed coilovers from Louisville KY to Burlington VT to southern New Hampshire, Massachusetts and back to northern Virginia, just ahead of this week's northern blizzard.

[extracted & amplified from a trip report posted elsewhere on this forum]:
The newly installed KW V3 coilover set is a very worthwhile investment. Once the suspension is properly aligned at a specialty shop, driving long trips over really varied roads is far more restful and less fatiguing with this KW coilover set installed.

Because of anticipated alignment issues, I had a specialty 4-wheel alignment done on Tuesday the 1st day I rode off, after about 400 miles of post-installation local shakedown driving. To my surprise, the major adjustments were not for camber adjustment... all post-installation camber settings were spot-on. One front wheel's caster setting was out of alignment, and the rubbing issues noted in a previous post above, were solved by realigning wheel toe specs all around. I underline this was a 4-wheel alignment and not just a front alignment. Cost: $311, and time: about 5 hours as they worked me into the scheduled flow of that day's work.

Considering that I plan to keep this car for a long time, I now strongly recommend the KW V3 coilover mod for personal fatigue mitigation on longer trips as well as for increased (better) handling of the car. I've driven this car on seven trips of about 700 miles before the KW coilovers went on... I was well rested all during this much longer trip, better than after the several shorter trips.

NOTE: I am still on KW-recommended shock settings which seem to work fine for now. My KW spring compression rings are set at mid-points of their threaded travel ranges all around.

Throughout the trip, at varying speeds and surfaces and during strong winds, I noticed that the usual Mach E pogoing, definitely present when I bought the car and greatly lessened by the Steeda sway bars, is now gone. The car's driving is firm yet also more balanced, and steering is now very accurate.

Hope everyone's Christmas etc. was a good one!
Thanks for your write ups

i appreciate the detail. Still deciding on what to do, but I think I will wait until I need new tires and do a number of things at the same time.

I had the rear Steeda sway bar installed several months ago. I was going to have Steeda install the front one but then the reported rubbing occured and Steeda told me nothing was wrong.

I will wait until my car is back in NY in the spring and then decide what to do.

a shout out to everyone for all of their fantastic feedback.

happy and a healthy New Year to everyone.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Well, hopefully this is not a sign of headaches to come, but I am a little stumped by an early step. These little rubber washers/spacers (bottom of photo) popped loose during shipping and were floating freely in my package.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Remove and Replace Suspension with KW V3 Coilovers on Mach-E PXL_20230104_025528152

I didn't think much about it, assuming it'd be in the instruction manual somewhere, but I can't find it clearly spelled out anywhere. Even the picture on the KW website is a stock photo of coilovers for some other car. If I had to guess (based on where they seem to fit), I think they go on the bump stops, like below?

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Remove and Replace Suspension with KW V3 Coilovers on Mach-E PXL_20230104_025542871

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Well, hopefully this is not a sign of headaches to come, but I am a little stumped by an early step. These little rubber washers/spacers (bottom of photo) popped loose during shipping and were floating freely in my package.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Remove and Replace Suspension with KW V3 Coilovers on Mach-E PXL_20230104_025542871

I didn't think much about it, assuming it'd be in the instruction manual somewhere, but I can't find it clearly spelled out anywhere. Even the picture on the KW website is a stock photo of coilovers for some other car. If I had to guess (based on where they seem to fit), I think they go on the bump stops, like below?

You have it correct on photo #2.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Hey @connoisseurr @21st Century Pony would you both mind posting your settings again? I never got my MME tuned after my KW install and need to do this. I got factory setting initially

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

edido

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Blue
Country flag
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience with KW V3 and see if anyone here has any suggestions.

- I have 2022 GT with stock tires and rims.
- I went to an authorized KW dealer to install the kit. I asked them to lower the car by 0.5" and adjust the default setting to make the ride "softer". They adjust it to:

SettingFront Compression/
Bump
Front ReboundRear Compression/
Bump
Rear Rebound
KW 'Factory' Setting7968
Adjusted Setting #1912811

- I drove the car for 3 weeks and the car still felt bouncy.
- I came back to the shop and asked them to make another adjustment to make the setting even more "softer". They adjust it to:

Bump
Bump
Rear Rebound
KW 'Factory' Setting7968
Adjusted Setting #211121112

- I drove the car for another 3-4 weeks. I didn't feel any difference.
- I went back to the shop for the 3rd time and asked them to reset the setting to the factory:

Bump
Bump
Rear Rebound
KW 'Factory' Setting7968
Adjusted Setting #37968
- I drove the car for another 2-3 week. The car feels more like the stock now. Compared to the setting #1 and #2, it is more bouncy by like 15%.
- I called KW support in US. They are not really helpful saying "it's your preference, adjust it as you like".

I am very frustrated from the KW V3 kit at this point. My goal was not to get the "Lexus" driving experience. I just wanted not to feel every bump like it feels on the stock kit.

Any suggestions on a different setting for GT? Or anything else that can help to make the ride better (e.g. sway bars, tires pressure adjustment, etc.)
Hi again,

I am finally a happy MME GT, KW and Steeda customer! My GT finally drives as I wanted it!
- No more bumpy ride, the car is very comfortable (thanks KW)
- The car is very precise on fast turns (thanks Steeda)

Here is what I did:
1. I installed Steeda front and rear sway bars. I set both to medium/hole #2 (I plan to drive on medium for a while and might later change to hole #3 to try).
2. I researched how coilover shocks work and finally figured it out. The right adjustment for a comfort ride is to increase the "bump" and lower the "rebound". See my final settings below.

Bump
Bump
Rear Rebound
KW 'Factory' Setting7968
Adjusted Setting #410695

The following video explains on a high level how coilover shocks should be adjusted based on a ride preference:

Let me know if you have questions.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hey @connoisseurr @21st Century Pony would you both mind posting your settings again? I never got my MME tuned after my KW install and need to do this. I got factory setting initially
Do you mean the KW shock damping and rebound settings? ...or the camber / caster / toe values?

I left my KW damping and rebound settings as KW suggested... might fiddle with them next month after being used to the KW suggested settings over the past 6k miles after the KE installation.
Sponsored