DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2)

DMIINC

First Name
Dalibor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Explorer, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Over the weekend I performed software updates on my Mach-E as outlined in the sticky post The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan). Everything went smooth except the APIM Sync Update. The one that requires USB stick. Tried multiple times with different software and hardware combos but no luck. Below are some pics and video. Noticeable differences are DCFC speed and PAAK has not failed yet since Saturday evening.

Update: After 48 hours PaaK is working perfect after updating software via FDRS. See images below. I cant believe that Ford Pass 3.35.2 is using that much less energy on my phone. It used to be number one energy consuming app by far (up to 20%/day) I hope this not just some weird stroke of luck that will fade away.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) 80 percent chargi
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) 90 percent chargi
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) 95 percent chargi
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) Screenshot 2021-12-05 170617 Cropped

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) Screenshot 2021-12-05 165912 Cropped

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) Screenshot_20211206-184335_Device care
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) Screenshot_20211206-184436_Settings

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
What model is your MME and when was it built? As far as I have seen, there is no update that improves DCFC for the GT yet.

OP
OP

DMIINC

First Name
Dalibor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
What model is your MME and when was it built? As far as I have seen, there is no update that improves DCFC for the GT yet.
2021 Extended range AWD (March build)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Does your GT not have the new charging software? What speed does it charge at a DCFC when you are above 80%?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The CSP doesn’t apply to newer builds (like the GT), but I believe the module updates are still available via FDRS.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was surprised the day before thanksgiving, when I looked over at the EA station and saw something like 93% and 43 kW or so charging (DIY update Nov 19).

Most of us had some trouble with the APIM update, but eventually got it to work. There are some 10+ pages of APIM update discussion before and after my post here - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-1-7-1-appears-to-be-incoming.9845/page-36#post-262288. As usual @ProximusAl was the DIY pioneer and reported a number of things to consider and Sync 4 messages to watch for. Also, I found the instructions on the pdf @breeves002 posted at TSB 21-2310 Various Sync 4 Concerns helpful.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The CSP doesn’t apply to newer builds (like the GT), but I believe the module updates are still available via FDRS.
One of our active forum members checked my VIN and I do have updates needed, but I am not sure any of those will give me the higher DCFC speed. I am planning to make the FDRS plunge but the thing that will get me to make it a priority is the DCFC speed and higher battery capacity updates. Once we are able to confirm those are available for the GT, I am definitely in.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Can someone check my Vin please 3FMTK3SS2MMA20367. Just had a horrible dealer experience for the third time and I won't be going back a fourth. Dealer had my car since Friday for a simple 20000 mile checkup and to be updated just got the car back today and they did nothing but wasted my time and money.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Does your GT not have the new charging software? What speed does it charge at a DCFC when you are above 80%?
No. It has the same curve all MMEs did originally. Mine goes to like 9.5kW at 80% most of the time.

The software is NOT available via FDRS for ~June 18+ build cars including all GTs. Ford has not released it yet. My hope is they are waiting to release it for GTs to hopefully make the power limit problem better...

OP
OP

DMIINC

First Name
Dalibor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I was surprised the day before thanksgiving, when I looked over at the EA station and saw something like 93% and 43 kW or so charging (DIY update Nov 19).

Most of us had some trouble with the APIM update, but eventually got it to work. There are some 10+ pages of APIM update discussion before and after my post here - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-1-7-1-appears-to-be-incoming.9845/page-36#post-262288. As usual @ProximusAl was the DIY pioneer and reported a number of things to consider and Sync 4 messages to watch for. Also, I found the instructions on the pdf @breeves002 posted at TSB 21-2310 Various Sync 4 Concerns helpful.
I wish I saw this before. May give it a try this afternoon.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Can someone check my Vin please 3FMTK3SS2MMA20367. Just had a horrible dealer experience for the third time and I won't be going back a fourth. Dealer had my car since Friday for a simple 20000 mile checkup and to be updated just got the car back today and they did nothing but wasted my time and money.
It appears you have had 0 updates done. 21P22 is completely unfinished along with IPMA, DSP, and GSM.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
It appears you have had 0 updates done. 21P22 is completely unfinished along with IPMA, DSP, and GSM.
Yeah I know I had secure alert on and it didn't go off not one time since they had my vehicle, I told them my doors won't open unless I use the fob and they didn't do anything and when I arrived they said your car isn't ready yet and the technician working on it isn't here smh I told them gimme my fob im out. Anyone in the DMV are think they can update the car for me im willing to pay.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was posting this before I saw Sam's answer, go with what Sam says, he's expert.

I didn't realize that all we need is FDRS (now Ver. 30.5.3) to do these checks (for other MMEs, without the J2534 OBD2 plugged in), so I can help out from time to time too (took a one year license). I think eventually there will be so many DIY rigs across the country, that a lot of us can just help each other with some software updates. I don't see it as a business, just forum members helping one another out. I do have some hesitation if something were to go wrong, but most of the updates are easy, and hopefully worst case, it just doesn't update a module or two.

(GSM got cutoff at the bottom)
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.43.09 AM

Last edited:
OP
OP

DMIINC

First Name
Dalibor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I was posting this before I saw Sam's answer, go with what Sam says, he's expert.

I didn't realize that all we need is FDRS to do these checks, so I can help out from time to time too (took a one year license).

I think there eventually will be so many DIY rigs across the country, that a lot of us can just help each other with some software updates.

(GSM got cutoff at the bottom)
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Software Updates. DCFC Speed Increased. (UPDATE: PaaK 2 days no problems on FP 3.35.2) Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.43.09 AM
That is the way my screen looked when I checked my car for updates.