Do I dare drive from MA to South Carolina?

OP
OP

RobbyPlymouth

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
Thanks for the wise counsel. I'm now confident I can get to Hilton Head without gettinbg an EV headache. It's being in Hilton Head that will be a problem. There are scant opportunities to keep my Mach E charged while we're there.
Sponsored

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My kids and I took a long road trip in the spring covering a lot of the same ground. As others have said Walmart EA stations along i95 are really good, fast charging stops and overnight charging at hotels really can cut back on total number of stops that are reported in trip planning apps. Booking.com has an option to select hotels with EV chargers. If you plan to stop around meals and breaks anyway it’s a really great road trip vehicle!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do I dare drive from MA to South Carolina? 7F8681BF-FE73-497E-9DF1-D5B5DAA77559

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
PlugShare is showing a Level 3 charger and a dozen L2 chargers on the island. Don’t discount L2 for destination use — you enjoy a long dinner and get 40 miles of range. Or find a golf course with one and by the end of your round (plus the 19th hole) you’re close to full.
Sponsored