EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. But glad to know that everyone including the deer is ok!
BTW, s the Mach-e body aluminium or iron?
Sponsored

Mark IV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag
Not an award i would hope to ever win but unfortunately my vehicle struck a deer last night. :( I avoided the first deer but caught the back end of the second one, another half a second and I would have missed it entirely. Fortunately both the animal and the vehicle are mostly ok.

All things considered it could have been much worse but still to have any kind of damage to a brand new car is just heartbreaking for me.

At early glance it doesn't look so bad, obviously one of the sensors was punched in (Still works!) and the impact separated the bumper from the black trim a bit. Hoping for some good news from the body shop when i have it looked at tomorrow...

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4366.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG
Had a customer at our dealership years ago that picked up our first Taurus SHO and caught a deer 2 miles down the road!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Well I guess dear aren't afraid of horses! looks like a first edition so maybe Ford can replicate the dents on your fractal pony LOL ? seriously I'm glad you can keep Good humor about it and nobody was hurt.

OP
OP
Darken

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Oh no.....so sorry to hear this. Glad you're okay. Do you have to take it to Ford for repairs (uniqueness of the car), or can you take it to any body shop your insurance suggests?
You can take it to any body shop you desire, most I spoke with said they do the body work and bring your vehicle to the Ford dealer if something needs attention that isn't cosmetic. At this point everyone is going to be a rookie at working on the car so it is what it is. I was originally going to take it to a body shop that was run by a car enthusiast but when I brought it in today he looked at the car with disdain so I knew I didn't want them working on it.

Sorry to hear and glad you and the deer are ok" Will be nice to see for the repairs has the hood is aluminium and how they put back the sensor in place although that is probably just a clip.
Actually I have the say the sensors are secured VERY poorly...basically glued (chemically welded) to the bumper itself...very flimsy..but I guess adequate if your not running into things ?

Sorry for your mishap. The risk on PA roads. BTW who was your dealer and was it an acceptable experience?
Dealer was New Holland Ford and they were nothing short of spectacular. No games, all discounts and rebates applied without asking....Couldn't have been a better experience.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can take it to any body shop you desire, most I spoke with said they do the body work and bring your vehicle to the Ford dealer if something needs attention that isn't cosmetic. At this point everyone is going to be a rookie at working on the car so it is what it is. I was originally going to take it to a body shop that was run by a car enthusiast but when I brought it in today he looked at the car with disdain so I knew I didn't want them working on it.

Actually I have the say the sensors are secured VERY poorly...basically glued (chemically welded) to the bumper itself...very flimsy..but I guess adequate if your not running into things ?

Dealer was New Holland Ford and they were nothing short of spectacular. No games, all discounts and rebates applied without asking....Couldn't have been a better experience.
Does the sensor needs a recalibration or realignement of any sort?

OP
OP
Darken

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Does the sensor needs a recalibration or realignement of any sort?
I'll let you know after the repairs are done, but I can tell you it's still working just fine...of course it reports false contact because it's free to bounce around inside the bumper but it doesn't affect anything while driving.
Sponsored