Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Not an award i would hope to ever win but unfortunately my vehicle struck a deer last night. :( I avoided the first deer but caught the back end of the second one, another half a second and I would have missed it entirely. Fortunately both the animal and the vehicle are mostly ok.

All things considered it could have been much worse but still to have any kind of damage to a brand new car is just heartbreaking for me.

At early glance it doesn't look so bad, obviously one of the sensors was punched in (Still works!) and the impact separated the bumper from the black trim a bit. Hoping for some good news from the body shop when i have it looked at tomorrow...

UPDATE: A small crack was found in the bumper so the whole thing will get replaced. A replacement Bumper piece costs $1000:eek: and is surprisingly in stock.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do I win a forum award for the first Mach-E accident? DSC_4363.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do I win a forum award for the first Mach-E accident? DSC_4365.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do I win a forum award for the first Mach-E accident? DSC_4366.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do I win a forum award for the first Mach-E accident? DSC_4367.JPG

Last edited:

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Not an award i would hope to ever win but unfortunately my vehicle struck a deer last night. :( I avoided the first deer but caught the back end of the second one, another half a second and I would have missed it entirely. Fortunately both the animal and the vehicle are mostly ok.

All things considered it could have been much worse but still to have any kind of damage to a brand new car is just heartbreaking for me.

At early glance it doesn't look so bad, obviously one of the sensors was punched in (Still works!) and the impact separated the bumper from the black trim a bit. Hoping for some good news from the body shop when i have it looked at tomorrow...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do I win a forum award for the first Mach-E accident? DSC_4367.JPG

Oh man. Glad you're unharmed, but what a gut punch

tomking29

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

Ugh ... weā€™re all bummed for you.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Glad you are unharmed...just bad luck...and thanks for involuntarily volunteering to figure out this part of the process

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
UGGHHH. so sorry this happened to you.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Ugh ... weā€™re all bummed for you.
OK - this really sucks - but like you noted - your are ok, the deer sounds ok and the Mach e has only minimal damage - hopefully it too will be OK soon too. Nice driving to avoid the first deer. I think you should get an award for that alone! Hope the Mach e is fixed quickly and fully. Best.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Ugh that's the worst. And there's nothing you can do, those deer just jump out and you have no chance to react.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wut, it canā€™t just b buffered outs.

sorry, I creamed a deer in a new truck years ago, same thing missed first hit second. Had 200 miles, took two months for a really bad body shop to fix it.

Been in your shoes.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Did any of the accident avoidance sensors get triggered or did it not matter at that point? Maybe it all happened too fast. I've driven in cars that have sensors that are supposed to trigger the brakes and all that, but never actually been in a situation where they've avoided an accident.

Glad everyone was okay.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Glad youā€™re ok! So sorry this happened to you. I really wish deer would pay more attention to traffic ? all joking aside, Iā€™d also like to know if any of the collision alert or mitigation sensors went off?

OP
OP
Darken

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Did any of the accident avoidance sensors get triggered or did it not matter at that point? Maybe it all happened too fast. I've driven in cars that have sensors that are supposed to trigger the brakes and all that, but never actually been in a situation where they've avoided an accident.

Glad everyone was okay.
Glad youā€™re ok! So sorry this happened to you. I really wish deer would pay more attention to traffic ? all joking aside, Iā€™d also like to know if any of the collision alert or mitigation sensors went off?
None of the avoidance sensors triggered that I saw. It all happened in an instant, as I imagine most of these encounters do, with no warning and me scrambling not to hit anything.

it was a two lane road with traffic in both directions, I guess i just got lucky they chose to come out in front of my car. :rolleyes: Still don't know how I mostly missed the last deer, there was nowhere to go so I hit the brakes and hoped for the best.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ā€˜16 fusion energi, ā€˜14 Focus EV
Country flag
Sorry for the scare. Glad you are safe..

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this and really glad youā€™re ok. Fingers crossed the body shop can fix you up.
Sponsored