Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
Noooooo.......... my head and heart hurt just thinking about it. So glad you’re ok. The first ouch on a new car is the worst.
Sponsored

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not an award i would hope to ever win but unfortunately my vehicle struck a deer last night. :( I avoided the first deer but caught the back end of the second one, another half a second and I would have missed it entirely. Fortunately both the animal and the vehicle are mostly ok.

All things considered it could have been much worse but still to have any kind of damage to a brand new car is just heartbreaking for me.

At early glance it doesn't look so bad, obviously one of the sensors was punched in (Still works!) and the impact separated the bumper from the black trim a bit. Hoping for some good news from the body shop when i have it looked at tomorrow...

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4366.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG
No problem...that will buff right out.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not an award i would hope to ever win but unfortunately my vehicle struck a deer last night. :( I avoided the first deer but caught the back end of the second one, another half a second and I would have missed it entirely. Fortunately both the animal and the vehicle are mostly ok.

All things considered it could have been much worse but still to have any kind of damage to a brand new car is just heartbreaking for me.

At early glance it doesn't look so bad, obviously one of the sensors was punched in (Still works!) and the impact separated the bumper from the black trim a bit. Hoping for some good news from the body shop when i have it looked at tomorrow...

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4366.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG
The top 10 states for deer collisions are:
  • Pennsylvania (1 in 52)
  • South Dakota (1 in 54)
  • Iowa (1 in 55)
  • Wyoming (1 in 56)
  • Wisconsin (1 in 57)
  • Michigan (1 in 60)
  • Mississippi (1 in 61)
  • Minnesota (1 in 64)
Your number one.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4366.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG
Ugh... So sorry to hear about this. But equally glad you, the deer and the car are all mostly OK.
Living in SE PA, I imagine I'll have to contend with the same before long :( they are everywhere.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Glad that you are OK. Look at it this way. You might not be the first to have an accident in a Mach-E, you are just the first to admit it

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4366.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG
Ahh man I’m so sorry. That really stinks

Brady33

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC
Country flag
Oh no.....so sorry to hear this. Glad you're okay. Do you have to take it to Ford for repairs (uniqueness of the car), or can you take it to any body shop your insurance suggests?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
BTW, in my 80 mile drive between resuscitating Marlin and dropping him off with the dealer, I had a deer run across the road in front of me. Fortunately I had time to brake.

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan, Sequioa, Yukon, Rogue
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Sorry about that. Glad you are okay. I hit an owl, of all things, on my way home with a new car once. There are still some small scratches on the side mirror and door. Oh well.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So sorry to hear about this! I hit a deer several years ago, paid my $500 deductible while insurance picked up $2,000. Because I was going to trade in the car in a few months, I was more annoyed than upset. I see them on roadways regularly, especially during the colder months.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear and glad you and the deer are ok" Will be nice to see for the repairs has the hood is aluminium and how they put back the sensor in place although that is probably just a clip.

Fluff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
None of the avoidance sensors triggered that I saw. It all happened in an instant, as I imagine most of these encounters do, with no warning and me scrambling not to hit anything.

it was a two lane road with traffic in both directions, I guess i just got lucky they chose to come out in front of my car. :rolleyes: Still don't know how I mostly missed the last deer, there was nowhere to go so I hit the brakes and hoped for the best.

Sorry for your mishap. The risk on PA roads. BTW who was your dealer and was it an acceptable experience?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The top 10 states for deer collisions are:
  • Pennsylvania (1 in 52)
  • South Dakota (1 in 54)
  • Iowa (1 in 55)
  • Wyoming (1 in 56)
  • Wisconsin (1 in 57)
  • Michigan (1 in 60)
  • Mississippi (1 in 61)
  • Minnesota (1 in 64)
Your number one.
As someone living in PA I can attest to that. At night I tend to watch the sides of the roads for eyes more than the middle of the roads. I had a deer hit me 2 cars ago in the middle of the day. I didn't even know what happened until I looked in my rear view mirror. It hit the car in the oncoming traffic first and ricocheted into the side of my car and scrapped along the side pulling out part of my rear wheel well and bumper. That incident is why I bought a dash cam because I literally couldn't remember seeing it. My dad had one jump into the side of his car when he was stopped.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So sorry to hear about your accident. Though I love having so many deer in my backyard every evening here in PA, I know how much damage they can do to a vehicle. A colleague of mine has hit a total of 9 deer. Her insurance company has become incredulous, but her body shop has a special parking place for her.
Sponsored