Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I guess I am older than you. In 1973 I could put 15 gallons of gas in my Mach 1 & 15 gallons of gas in my boat for under $5.00 - $0.159 / gallon ?
Heh, maybe a little older. I remember seeing my dad buy gas at $0.146/gallon. Now the stations all add 9/10s per gallon, but I can remember other tenths added.
Sponsored

pdrisgula

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I purposely bought a Mach E because it was the anti-Tesla. The Mach E is a very comfortable car to drive and has all of the expected comforts and features of a great car. I'm also a big fan of Ford having previously owned 4 Mustangs, an Explorer, Expedition and a Navigator. However, I almost bought a Tesla, I put a down payment on the Model 3 when it was announced. I was early enough that I would have received the $7500 rebate. I wanted an electric car but couldn't bring myself to like the stark, sterile computer room type feel I got when sitting inside the car. Especially that white interior. I felt like the old man in the white room at the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey." Once I got that feeling I could never get it out of my mind. I'm so glad that the Mach E came along.

Yes, Tesla might have the best technology and, as a technologist with a Computer Science degree, I love technology. But when I'm driving the car I only want comfort and convenience. And the Mach E provides both of those.

Would BlueCruise be nice? Yes. Will I use it a lot? No, not really. I have everything I want in a car with the Mach E the way it is. I'm not going to fret or stress about future items over which I have no control. I'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Literally!

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mikey feels more like a standard car I like that a lot it drives better and having that display consul in front of the steering wheel is much better than having the screen to the side the whole Tesla thing makes me feel like it wants to drive you instead of you drive it.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Interesting point. When BlueCruise does come out, I suspect some of the early adopters are going to pass for this very reason.
I have blue Cruise on my GT and it works beautifully on the freeway.
Sponsored