UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
In my neck of the woods the Tesla is the new Toyota Corolla. They're everywhere. And, they're not a very attractive car.
This ⬆

Apparently, my city has the highest per-capita penetration of EVs in North America, making the presence of Teslas that much more obnoxious. Lol

One of the main reasons I went with a Mach-E was that I found myself looking for mis-aligned doors and trunk lids on Tesla vehicles at stop lights. The fact that I could visibly see the misalignment from sitting inside my own vehicle was concerning. Anecdotally, the Model X's have it the worst!
Sponsored

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Lots and lots of Teslas around here--so many that it was one of the reasons we chose not to get one. The second most common EV based on my unscientific sample? BMW i3. I've only seen a handful of MMEs so far.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I personally think it is great that there are so many Teslas. This means that there are a lot of people adopting to the electric car revolution. Eventually, when there are a lot more choices the percentage of Teslas will not be so overwhelming. I personally think the MY looks like a ugly goldfish, but there just aren't many other options until now. With the MME, ID4, Nissan Ariya, Hyudai and Kia options now coming on market there are many more choices. The average blue collar worker can not afford a Tesla so those other choices are going to become more abundant. Gas is now up to $3.20 where I live so more and more people looking at EV's. If the charging infrastructure was there for all vehicles as it is for Teslas then there would be a large exodus from ICE to EVs and most of that would be cheaper EV's from other manufacturers. I think the predominance of Tesla is mostly due to the charging network. Not good looking or quality built cars.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I've had my GT for a little over a week now and so far it is going exactly how I thought it would. I've driven many different Tesla's and the Mach E is definitely a better car but it is not a better mobile electronic device like a Tesla. I genuinely enjoy driving the Mach E where as it was interesting driving the Tesla's but not necessarily enjoyable. That being said when I try to use some of this tech in the Mach E it leaves a lot to be desired. Just this morning on the way to work the Blue Cruise suddenly changed the set speed from 72 mph to 85 mph on 3 different occasions. My phone still is telling me to set up PAAK, even though I already have. My radio presets randomly disappear and I still cannot connect to the Fordpass charging network. After waiting 6 months for the car I am reluctant to take it to the dealer because I don't want to lose it for whatever length of time it would take to sort it out. It really is a fun car to drive but the rest needs to get sorted out.

CA RTE 1

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RTE 1 ER, Escape, and Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In the north Phoenix/Scottsdale areas it is Tesla models and KIAs; yet if I purchased again, it would still be the Mustang Mach-E.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
WOW! A lot of patting yourselves on the back for your out of the box thinking for buying the Mach E.
Pretty soon you won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting one, but for now, have at it.

We wouldn't be driving the Mach E if it wasn't for Tesla.

It's not hard to be a fanboy of the $60K + plus decision you've made on whatever you bought. We're all certainly vested.

I drove the Model 3, Y, and Mach E many times before choosing the Mach E. It was the right choice for me. All three are excellent cars. I don't feel I have to belittle others for their choice. What looks good to one may not look good to another. We're all different. Look in the mirror at how you're dressed, trust me, not everyone is giving you the two thumbs up that you are.

I've yet to own a car that didn't have some issue or recurring issue and most of them have been Fords. They bought back my year and a half old F150 because they couldn't fix the transmission in any reasonable amount of time. The most popular truck in America and they didn't have parts or another transmission to give me over a three month period. This was back in 2016 so no, not a COVID issue.

Tesla's are awesome! The ID4 is another very nice car. Every time another EV is introduced, I want one. Not everyone is looking for 4 second 0-60 cars. Hyundai, Cadillac, VW, Lucid, etc... All new and exciting vehicles coming.

Electric is here now and Tesla has been the major player in pushing EVs to the forefront. They weren't the first, but they made electric cars exciting enough that we're all moving to electric, like it or not.

I really like my Mach E but it isn't the be all of electric cars. It's just a car. Soon enough there will be as many EVs as ICE vehicles, and guess what, you'll buy what you prefer.

Enjoy your choice, and let others enjoy there's.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
What did you buy to replace it?
Im working from home so nothing yet. (Feels good to be debt free too!)

But looking at a BMW i4 for next year.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i have an order in for both BMW Xi 5 and MME.

will have to decide by end of year or January if I want to wait to see what the BMW looks like Or take ownership of the MME

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
I purposely bought a Mach E because it was the anti-Tesla. The Mach E is a very comfortable car to drive and has all of the expected comforts and features of a great car. I'm also a big fan of Ford having previously owned 4 Mustangs, an Explorer, Expedition and a Navigator. However, I almost bought a Tesla, I put a down payment on the Model 3 when it was announced. I was early enough that I would have received the $7500 rebate. I wanted an electric car but couldn't bring myself to like the stark, sterile computer room type feel I got when sitting inside the car. Especially that white interior. I felt like the old man in the white room at the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey." Once I got that feeling I could never get it out of my mind. I'm so glad that the Mach E came along.

Yes, Tesla might have the best technology and, as a technologist with a Computer Science degree, I love technology. But when I'm driving the car I only want comfort and convenience. And the Mach E provides both of those.

Would BlueCruise be nice? Yes. Will I use it a lot? No, not really. I have everything I want in a car with the Mach E the way it is. I'm not going to fret or stress about future items over which I have no control. I'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Literally!
I agree. I actually weighed pros and cons before making a decision. Yes I would love Netflix as well as some of the other features in a Tesla but I had to ask myself how important it really was and how much I would actually use those features. Did I want the tech or did I want a car that was attractive and comfortable? Something that I actually liked sitting in. I went with the Mach E. I also wanted a bit more space just in case.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I personally think it is great that there are so many Teslas. This means that there are a lot of people adopting to the electric car revolution. Eventually, when there are a lot more choices the percentage of Teslas will not be so overwhelming. I personally think the MY looks like a ugly goldfish, but there just aren't many other options until now. With the MME, ID4, Nissan Ariya, Hyudai and Kia options now coming on market there are many more choices. The average blue collar worker can not afford a Tesla so those other choices are going to become more abundant. Gas is now up to $3.20 where I live so more and more people looking at EV's. If the charging infrastructure was there for all vehicles as it is for Teslas then there would be a large exodus from ICE to EVs and most of that would be cheaper EV's from other manufacturers. I think the predominance of Tesla is mostly due to the charging network. Not good looking or quality built cars.
$3.20 for gas would be a dream :oops:. Best choice I could have made was going with an EV this year. Regular grade gas is nearly $5 per gallon, premium is well over that. Hence why EV's are so popular here in Cali.

Last edited:

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
WOW! A lot of patting yourselves on the back for your out of the box thinking for buying the Mach E.
Pretty soon you won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting one, but for now, have at it.

We wouldn't be driving the Mach E if it wasn't for Tesla.

It's not hard to be a fanboy of the $60K + plus decision you've made on whatever you bought. We're all certainly vested.

I drove the Model 3, Y, and Mach E many times before choosing the Mach E. It was the right choice for me. All three are excellent cars. I don't feel I have to belittle others for their choice. What looks good to one may not look good to another. We're all different. Look in the mirror at how you're dressed, trust me, not everyone is giving you the two thumbs up that you are.

I've yet to own a car that didn't have some issue or recurring issue and most of them have been Fords. They bought back my year and a half old F150 because they couldn't fix the transmission in any reasonable amount of time. The most popular truck in America and they didn't have parts or another transmission to give me over a three month period. This was back in 2016 so no, not a COVID issue.

Tesla's are awesome! The ID4 is another very nice car. Every time another EV is introduced, I want one. Not everyone is looking for 4 second 0-60 cars. Hyundai, Cadillac, VW, Lucid, etc... All new and exciting vehicles coming.

Electric is here now and Tesla has been the major player in pushing EVs to the forefront. They weren't the first, but they made electric cars exciting enough that we're all moving to electric, like it or not.

I really like my Mach E but it isn't the be all of electric cars. It's just a car. Soon enough there will be as many EVs as ICE vehicles, and guess what, you'll buy what you prefer.

Enjoy your choice, and let others enjoy there's.
I do agree with much of what you are saying except for the very beginning--I just didn't get the sense that anyone here was really patting themselves on the back. Most made choices based on the features they like, and my sense is that if someone valued tech far above other factors Tesla might be a better choice. I think most would agree that all EV makers now are standing on Tesla's shoulders. Whether you love Elon Musk or hate him, he is obviously a visionary and what he has accomplished is pretty amazing. It certainly has paved the way for the big car makers but also the Rivians, Lucids, etc. And yes, fully agree, it's just a car, and like most cars will have issues. That said, I do think the Mach E and the current crop of EVs are all pretty impressive. As you suggest, we just need to pick our flavor.