Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I originally bought some good ones for my snows, said OEM Ford were made in USA. I Installed them and they worked automatically,. No reset or reconfigure.

I needed a set for my Cal route 1 wheels. These were listed as OEM Ford and the only hint that the were not was “manufacturer” Geartronic. Everything else, Picts looked like Ford Etc. When I got them in The generic Chinese box and all Chinese lettering on the sensors, I should have known better. But I had them mounted anyway. Well, they do not work. Nothing, they seemed to read for 1 day and then “ tire pressure motoring failure”. I tried the relearn procedure and it timed out 3 times. I will order name brand from now on…..these are the same part number I previously bought…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313124113733
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I originally bought some good ones for my snows, said OEM Ford were made in USA. I Installed them and they worked automatically,. No reset or reconfigure.

I needed a set for my Cal route 1 wheels. These were listed as OEM Ford and the only hint that the were not was “manufacturer” Geartronic. Everything else, Picts looked like Ford Etc. When I got them in The generic Chinese box and all Chinese lettering on the sensors, I should have known better. But I had them mounted anyway. Well, they do not work. Nothing, they seemed to read for 1 day and then “ tire pressure motoring failure”. I tried the relearn procedure and it timed out 3 times. I will order name brand from now on…..these are the same part number I previously bought…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313124113733

I bought valvels/sensors at AmericanMuscle.com
$164
389789 - Ford Performance TPMS
Sensors and Activation Tool Kit; 4
Wheels (15-21 All)
Item #: 389789

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So don’t buy cheap crap on eBay. Got it.
But seriously, thanks for the warning for people who may not have it figured out yet.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Schrader from rock auto....for aftermarket...always. Never an issue with them.
Sponsored