Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
For people with job 1 cars, do you miss the lack of attention? Remember whenever you’d be out with your Mustang Mach E and people would stop you and ask about the car, and comment on how awesome it is? Are you missing that bit of an ego boost that validated your choice? ??
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I had someone ask today, lol, Ive only seen one other here where I live.
Yeah, no real drop off here either since most folks still haven't seen one. If anything gas prices have ramped up the "isn't that electric?" parking lot conversations.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
Yeah, no real drop off here either since most folks still haven't seen one. If anything gas prices have ramped up the "isn't that electric?" parking lot conversations.
Yeah, no kidding, multiple people have asked lately "whats that cost to go to (insert nearby city here)" and are astonished when I say "oh about 1.90 to 2.10". Their jaws usually hit the ground, especially since thats 1/2 the price of a gallon of gas here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
People still ask all the time. Outside of EV or Mustang events, I've seen very few Mach Es in the area.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I have 2 separate comments:

1. After a full year of ownership, I still get stopped occasionally by people interested in or curious about my Mach-E. Not quite as frequently now as it was 6-8 months ago, but still once or twice a week.

2. I never gave a single shit what other people think about my car.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Still get questions, especially when I wash it. Sometimes it can be annoying because I’ve got places to be, but I make sure to give people the info they are looking for, once again, doing more work than any Ford dealer salesperson. We all really deserve some sort of cut on sales.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same here, still get stopped and asked about the car just about as much as I did a year ago which is a few times a month.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Still get questions, especially when I wash it. Sometimes it can be annoying because I’ve got places to be, but I make sure to give people the info they are looking for, once again, doing more work than any Ford dealer salesperson. We all really deserve some sort of cut on sales.
I get my share come profit sharing season.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I had a drop-off in questions until the last month or so. Don't know if its the gas prices or just people slowly becoming aware of EV options, but I've had about 10 conversations so far this month. I'm happy to spread the gospel of the good and bad.

My wife, however, is pretty annoyed with the amount of people that stare at the car while we are out lol. I can hear her say "here we go again" when someone starts walking up to the car in my head as I type this.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Got some attention during this recent nearly two week trip. Creepiest was the guy taking pictures of the car at 8:30 at night on a side street where it was parked. We saw him in the street taking the pictures, so I hit the remote to light it up and he kept taking pictures as we approached, then walked away.

On the way home yesterday, an F-150 pulled up and the girl in the passenger seat was very, very excited about the car. Driver stomped on it for a few seconds, and we laughed. 30 seconds later there was a nice gap in things, so I punched it and shot by him, around a car, and let off the pedal at 90. When they came abreast of us again she was grinning from ear to ear.

We find the interest varies by local. At many Walmart locations (EA charging), they don't care. Experienced our first icing in Huber Heights, Ohio yesterday afternoon when a guy with a raised truck and small anatomy parked in a charging space. When ours malfunctioned, we used that one, he had come back with his girlfriend laughing just before and then left, so no confrontation.

Here's his gorgeous truck and plate (below), love the rust!

On the highway it gets the most interest. I beeped at a few Mustangs for fun on the way home, but most have such dark windows you can't see any reaction.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do You miss the Lack of Attention PXL_20220324_201856868

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do You miss the Lack of Attention PXL_20220324_201923578

Last edited:

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
It's usually once a month now that people are checking it out, not nearly as much as before.

At the store the other day a guy was checking out my MME, and parked one spot over was a BMW X4, he commented on how similar they looked. So I think with more auto makers using the same body style the novelty is wearing off.
Sponsored